Why does my son wet the bed so bad every night??

He's 2 1/2 and every morning when he wakes up his bed and blanket are soaked in his urine. I tried not giving him that much to drink during the day and it lightened up but he still soaked through his diaper. I even tightened his diapers, changed the diaper size and nothing worked. Could there be something wrong? I would ask the doctor but with every money issue we have he doesnt have insurance... It worries me.

richardsgirl16

Asked by richardsgirl16 at 12:56 PM on Nov. 1, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my lil brother went through this...
    are you using diapers or the goodnights? switch if you are using diapers
    and you should give him nothing to drink 3-4 hours before bed
    kaylajean86

Answer by kaylajean86 at 12:59 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• My daughter does this too. I'm not worried.
    Try Huggies Overnight diapers or diaper doublers.
    You can also get a couple of cloth diapers with waterproof outsides that you put on OVER his regular diaper. The cloth diaper will get soaked instead of his PJs and blankets.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 3:13 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• i'm going through the same thing. diapers, pull-ups, even the night time pull-ups, he pees right through. he eats dinner at 6:30, only get a half a cup of milk. then his bedtime is at 8, he gets nothing after dinner. i put him on the potty before bed but i swear he holds it for that night, cuz he has yet to go in the potty.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 3:39 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• Agreed - Higgies Goodnights will work. Give it a shot, they are worth the $$.
    krysten78

Answer by krysten78 at 6:34 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• My baby does the same thing and I dont know what to do so I will be using these sugestions also. LOL I never thought to ask tht one.
    AbbeyKAy

Answer by AbbeyKAy at 9:15 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• You might have to change him in the middle of the night, it's better then washing his sheets every night. i would get a better diaper or pull up though. Some brands just dont work for certain kids
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 9:24 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• My girls peed through the Huggies Goodnights too. I just started changing them around 3-4 in the morning and they haven't peed through since.
    jackiec7707

Answer by jackiec7707 at 11:48 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• maybe you need to wake up and change his diaper in the middle of the night....my ds goes to sleep at 8 and i wake up in the middle of the night and change him so this problem doesnt happen...its kinda common scense dont ya think? just have to stop being lazy and set the alarm to change him
    brandnew744

Answer by brandnew744 at 11:19 AM on Nov. 16, 2008