Holidays

Wht are your favorite things about the holidays?

mine are
decorations
chirstmas caroling
baking
gatherings
great church functions
awesome volunteer oppertunities
family fun around every corner
the magic and friendship in the air
holiday movies
and most of all..... the feeling of knowing that all small things can wait, as the holiday season brings joy even in the hardest times!

JoLee12345

Asked by JoLee12345 at 2:57 PM on Nov. 5, 2010 in General Parenting

• My favorite holiday is Diwali.

My fave things about the Diwali festival: the lights, the decorations, the lighting of the lamps, the Lakshmi puja/the Ganesha Puja/The Kali puja, the food/feasts, giving gifts to friends and family, and all the various reasons why we celebrate Diwali are great to me. I miss the fireworks though.. Living in Oregon, we don't get to set off fireworks for Diwali. but that's okay, we still get to light up the lights.. lol
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 3:00 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Diwali sounds beautiful. I did a report about it once in college, it sounds like a beautiful celebration. We celebrate Christmas and my favorite things about it are:

Spending time with family doing things we don't normally do
    Baking (the kids and I bake together)
    Decorating (the kids and I make homemade decorations)
    Family game nights or movie nights with apple cider and hot cocoa when it's cold outside
    Zoo Lights
    19th Century Christmas reenactment
    Cutting down and decorating our Christmas tree
    The feeling of peace, and of hope that isn't always present the rest of the year
    The spirit of giving that seems to come out SO much more at the holidays

AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 3:05 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• lights thats it....
    4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 3:42 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• When it's over!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 3:55 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I love Christmas, despite my fierce hatred of the cold weather (something I've never gotten used to even though I was born and raised in Connecticut). There is just simply something special about Christmas and the weeks before it. I love shopping, decorating, baking, taking goofy holiday photos, snowball fights with my very large family, hot chocolate, and fireplaces. I love visits from family and friends during the holidays, I love driving around looking at all the decorations on other people's homes.
    anon1986East

Answer by anon1986East at 4:55 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• awww, 4 28, and Sabrina, Im sorry that you dont enjoy the holidays! Hope you have anther holiday or celebration you enjoy!
    JoLee12345

Comment by JoLee12345 (original poster) at 5:13 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I love the feeling of magic a billion white twinkle lights makes in our home. I love the smell of fresh baked cookies, the warmth of a fire in the fireplace, the joy of seeing my children still having that Christmas magic (even though they are *too old* for stuff like that). I also love the peace that comes with the reminder of why we have Christmas. But, my favorite part is sharing the season with others - being a bell ringer for the Salvation Army, shopping for angel tree children, serving dinner in the soap kitchen or opening my home to those in need. For me, that is the true magic of Christmas.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:45 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• baking, decorating, wrap gifts, holiday music, getting together w/family, fire's in fireplace, shopping, hot chocolate, unwrap gifts, seeing the looks on my girls faces when they see that "Santa" came!!
    girliemom0406

Answer by girliemom0406 at 3:55 PM on Nov. 6, 2010