Is there a good reason to be induced?

My doctor wanted to induce me when I was only 1 day late. Is there a good reason for this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:03 PM on Nov. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Only if the baby is under stress or you are under stress and he has a legal and moral obligation to tell you if either are cause for inducing. YOU can tell him NO.
    mistical_me

Answer by mistical_me at 8:57 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• No. That is not a good enough reason for induction in my opinion.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 3:04 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Unless you or the baby are in distress, there's absolutely no reason to induce. Sounds like your doctor has his own convenience in mind somehow... Due dates are an estimate, they can be off 2 weeks either way. I wouldn't do it.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 3:13 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• no, you should be safely able to go up to two weeks after your due date. Are you sure there isn't another reason they were suggesting it?
    CJM_SHM

Answer by CJM_SHM at 3:05 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• only if the doctor believes that you or your baby are in danger. Usually if everyone is healthy there is no reason to be induced until you are at least 2 weeks past your due date because the due date is just estimated and can be off by about 2 weeks in either direction before or after the date. Your dr. should however monitor you well to make sure the baby is still healthy. I had an elective induction for my first because I was impatient and didnt for my second...even though mine went well I personally wouldnt do it again. But it is ultimately up to you.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 3:07 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Nope! There are few reasons, but that sure isn't one of them.
    collinsmomma656

Answer by collinsmomma656 at 3:07 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• No. The only reason is if you're 5 or more days past your due date, or if there are complications that demand the baby be delivered now.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 3:07 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Not unless you or the baby is in danger. I wasn't induced until I was 2 weeks late.
    H.I.S.

Answer by H.I.S. at 3:11 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• He said as I waled out the door. 'Every women wants to try and go all natural and very few actually make it.' WTF? I NEVER said I wanted to go all natural, I just said I didn't want induced. ((sigh)) The he says well, You will need some test run on monday if you insist on going past due.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:12 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I was induced with my first child only after being a day late. Thank God! She was so tiny and problems with her blood. If he did not induce when he did, who knows if I would have my Abby running around. If you feel like it is time in your gut - it is time.
    tracimed

Answer by tracimed at 3:13 PM on Nov. 5, 2010