Period/Cramping question

So, I had a baby back in May, and I still haven't had a period. (I've been breastfeeding). But, the last few days I've been having cramps like the ones I used to have on my period. Is that normal?

Annikakaley420

Asked by Annikakaley420 at 3:19 PM on Nov. 5, 2010 in Health

• yes that normal. Your uterus is trying to resize itself. That one of the perks when brest feeding, your tummy tightens up quicker than when you dont. Its some how associated with the nursing. I had 'after shocks' (lol, thats what I called them) after my second baby. If I had them with my first I was to young and inexperienced to know, but somehow I knew what they were with my second.. so ...
    So, yes sweetie its normal. If/when you do re-start watch to make sure your cycle is somewhat normal, no extensive bleeding or long term bleeding or large amounts at one time. The cramps ...ugh, are normal however. Good luck and congrats on the new baby.
    lacyjones

Answer by lacyjones at 3:28 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• yes
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 7:50 PM on Nov. 7, 2010