Office in home issue

My SO works from home. He has so much paper work and stuff that Id rather have the clutter in my room than the livingroom. Well my bedroom is now cluttered and very unromantic. I bought him a cabinet desk to hide the offfice but he sits on the bed w his laptop and puts papers everywhere. And the big ugly fax is to big for the desk. Ive organized for him before but doesnt help cause I cant fit everything in the desk. Are garage is full of bulker work supplies. I need suggestions to make a office look nice in a bedroom. Plus we have paper shredder and tons of packages in our room. Where can I put this stuff thats close buy for him but maintain a nice bedroom. Our closets are full. He is mostly to blame for just being sloppy but and Ideas to help me help him. Oh and cords every where.phone line all the way acroos the room cant put fax there though and he wont sit at a desk.

mymestey

Asked by mymestey at 3:27 PM on Nov. 5, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• It wont matter where you put him, offices and men are always a mess. LOL! I would suggest re-vamping the garage. get a space heater/air conditioner for comfort, throw out or get a storage shed to organize and remove the excess stuff from the garage and give him his own space that you can shut the door on and let him have all the mess he can handle and you can have your house back. You both will be happier.
    lacyjones

Answer by lacyjones at 3:33 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Well, I can empathize with you. I had so much paperwork that I just kept buying plastic bins and labeling them for hubby. Then, the room became overcome with plastic bins! LOL! What I did for the immediate work that he was working on, I bought a three bin plastic cart. I labeled each cart so when it came time to be filed it was very easy to see what was in there. Any papers he was working on immediately we put in that cart. That way, in a few days when he asked where such and such was, I could just pull it out of there. If it had been sitting in the bin for a couple of days, I filed it. I am happy to say since that time though, the business was able to get it's own office. The best I can tell you is to label everything with post its.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 3:35 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Do you have a basement to use for storage? Is there a closet big enough to "borrow space from for his desk/paperwork? (I saw this on HGTV awhile back, pretty tricky!)
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 1:08 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Office in the bedroom? It would even be better in the kitchen or dining room than the bedroom!

Also, eventually switch to wireless equipment so you won't have to contend witth cords.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 11:19 PM on Nov. 6, 2010