Olberman suspended indefinately?

There really is a god. LOL Keith Olberman finally got what he deserved. He let the cat out of the bag about donating to a couple of Liberal candidates and that's not allowed by MSNBC How do you feel about this?

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 3:38 PM on Nov. 5, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Good. And I will fully admit to that being a purely partisan view point. I think he is lefty LOON who makes crap up and incites hate. Funnny...SAME things MANY of you say about Beck and you are FULL of it if you say you wouldnt be just as happy if he did something stupid and got pulled off air. He did something he shouldnt have and he KNEW it and should go. A little off subject, but I also have always found it off that newspapers endorse people....

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 3:51 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Betting they were already looking for a reason to ditch him.Good riddence
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 3:49 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• It's called CONFLICT OF INTEREST!! Journalists are SUPPOSED to remain neutral in their reporting (though few do), and I'm sure there is a clause in his contract that explicitly states the rules regarding what he is and isn't allowed to disclose publicly--especially if it could reflect poorly on the company he works for.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 4:53 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I saw that. I have not watched KO since 2009. It was shocking, but if the rules state he cannot donate to candidates then he broke them and should face the ramifications.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 3:39 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• "SAME things MANY of you say about Beck and you are FULL of it if you say you wouldnt be just as happy if he did something stupid and got pulled off air. "

But FOX encourages bad journalism, so their not inclined to pull anyone off the air who practices what they preach.

That being said, I like KO, but if he agreed to the rules when he took the job then he should abide by them.
    DEpley

Answer by DEpley at 3:56 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• How do I feel about him donating to Democrats? Good, since I do the same thing... How do I feel about him being suspended? If he violated the rules, then I guess he deserved it. I don't really understand what the issue is here. Do you think this is "revenge" against those of us who supported Juan Williams being fired? That's kind of childish. He deserved to be fired for breaking the rules, and the same goes for this. I really don't see the difference...
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 3:41 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• It doesn't seem fair that he can't make donations to political candidates...that's free speech, right?

Why are we okay with corporations limiting our rights?
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 3:42 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I'm not a fan of MSNBC but I don't blame them for suspending him. Slap on the wrist.... it's not like he cheated on his wife with a prostitute! *ahem like many conservatives do.
    parrishsky

Answer by parrishsky at 4:01 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• You know... I think it's funny how this question was posted ONLY to try to rile up the "lefties", the same way the right wingers got all up in arms about Juan Williams. Instead, the vast majority here has said if he broke the rules, then he deserved the consequences.... Makes you wonder about that whole "which ones are the sheeple" argument, doesn't it? Who's blindly defending "their side", and who's actually being logical? Food for thought...

Now go ahead, vote me down. You know I'm right.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 4:54 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Meh, that's the breaks. I'm sure he is aware of his contract, if he violates that, well, that's on him.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 7:55 PM on Nov. 5, 2010