Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

10 Bumps

Girls, I need your advice.....BADD! The mother of the 3 mo old I babysit adult content

was having a guy friend from work help her move in and last night he raped her. Thankfully he didn't hurt her or her baby - but she says she doesn't want to go after him for least no right away. She saved the toilet paper she wiped with in a ziploc bag because she thinks she does want to charge him but is not sure. How do I help her - I was raped also in 2006 but I can't push her....


Asked by Babylove76 at 3:44 PM on Nov. 5, 2010 in Relationships

Level 21 (10,227 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (19)
  • Advise her strongly to report it now. If she waits, she will have a much harder time making her case. Offer to go with her to report it or whatever will help her to have the courage to do it. This guy needs to be reported and prosecuted.

    Answer by NannyB. at 3:45 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

  • See if there is a rape crisis center in your area or have her call the 800 number. 800-656-HOPE or go to

    Answer by PackGirl at 3:54 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

  • She should most definitely report it. By not doing so is just giving him the opportunity to violate another woman. I know how hard it can be I have been there before myself. Its tough having to relive all the details but it also saves someone else the pain of going through it themselves. I wish her the best of luck in dealing with this but urge her to help someone else and help her self through counseling or group support.

    Answer by angelmine2011 at 3:57 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

  • Be there for her and tell her if she lets him get away wit this he may try to do it into another female in the future. Tell her if she tells someone it will make her feel hell of a lot better, believe me I know...

    Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:58 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

  • What she said. And then castrate him.

    Answer by cheekycherub at 3:46 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

  • She should have gone to the hospital ASAFP, but since she has now showered she will be lucky IF they CAN get any DNA off the toilet paper. She need sto call the cops and get something done NOW. there isn't any waiting to do it, that's just stupid.

    Answer by Memigen at 3:52 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

  • I agree for her to call the rape crisis center and get advice. I was raped in college and was talked out of filing charges. I've always regretted that. Sending a hug her way...

    Answer by admckenzie at 4:02 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

  • Rape Crisis Center would be the first step and they will do all the work for her. They will report it and deal with the police and such. It has become much easier with the help of the crisis centers available to her.

    Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 4:09 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

  • Call the rape crisis center. 210.349.7273

    Answer by mmmegan38 at 4:31 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

  • The faster she reports it, the better her chances are of winning her case. They need to document bruises (even those not visible by the naked eye), vaginal bruising, any hairs on her... Stringly advise that she go NOW.
    Sorry to hear about both of you.

    Answer by Mme.Langley at 7:09 PM on Nov. 5, 2010