Kid-friendly lunches

So other than the usual....Mac n' Cheese...sandwiches...what do you pack in your kids lunch?
I usually do 1 fruit, 1 protein (egg or yogurt) and then a main 'dish', like soup or sandwich, but this is getting boring & old.

Help!

cheekycherub

Asked by cheekycherub at 3:52 PM on Nov. 5, 2010 in

• I have a friend who is teaching me how to make bento boxes. My kids think they are just the most awesome things known to man. Here's a site to help you. It really is kind of fun to make. I was horrible at first but am getting better at them.

http://www.laptoplunches.com/

You don't have to buy all the fancy boxes on the site. Even a pencil box can work.

Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 3:55 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I packed a bowl of dry cereal, yogurt and a snack. My son got milk at school so that was not an issue. I usually packed water or juice too. I also made my own Lunchables. Rolled up meat and cheese, crackers. My son wouldn't eat bread so I didn't bother with sandwiches. I also put mac and cheese, ramen noodles, or soup in a thermos.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:09 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• My daughter is very picky and has a limited palette. One of her favorite meals is Barilla spinach & cheese tortellini with Ragu low fat alfredo sauce. I always make extra and she's takes it to school for lunch (and eats it cold). Every day she also gets a yogurt, two juice boxes (one often comes back) and Pirate Booty and/or pretzels. She also likes carrots & hummus. So I'll do that once or twice a week. She's in kindergarten so they get a snack in the AM and then lunch.
    MeggieSwan

Answer by MeggieSwan at 9:01 AM on Nov. 8, 2010