If at all possible. How do you get a man to clean up after himself without feeling like his mother or drill sargent??

lovinmybaby87

Asked by lovinmybaby87 at 4:00 PM on Nov. 5, 2010 in Relationships

• If you find out, please let me know! :)
    FLAngel981

Answer by FLAngel981 at 4:02 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• SAME HERE LET ME KNOW TOO........... LOL ;-P
    britt_howard

Answer by britt_howard at 4:06 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• There's a book you should read. The title is FOR BETTER OR FOR BEST by Gary Smalley. It is full of suggestions as to how to approach your husband in a manner that will make him want to help you more and to make your life easier.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 4:06 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Gary Smalley's book For Better or For Best teaches women how to get men to do what they want them to like picking up after themselves.
    Anonymous

• I just started putting his things (and the kids) in a basket and reminding them that if it is not taken out and put away by morning, it is going out into the trash.....works like a charm especially after "important" things are thrown out. ( I don't put bills in there, although I would love to!) lol
    yellarose

Answer by yellarose at 4:26 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• hahahahahahahaha drill Sargent...I love that description....I wonder if I sound like that? I should ask the family LOL...when you find out please let us know LOL

4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 4:38 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• After 8 years of being married I still have no figured it out.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 4:55 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• LOL that was funny! Drill sargent!!.. I guess I am lucky my husband is pretty neat...! And I am teaching the 3 boys to be just like him, with the teens I am not THAT lucky !!
    Monica655

Answer by Monica655 at 5:29 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Honestly, the only way is to treat them like you're a drill sergent.
    DH and I have been married for two years and he still has his habits that I have yet to break. Leading by example helps and harping sometimes helps. One thing you can try is to just stop picking up after him. Only wash your's and the kid's clothes, only do your dishes, etc.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 5:57 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Haha. I was going to say, let me know when you find out too! I prefer for him to think of me as a drill sergeant, I make sure things get done! hahaa

laughing

Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 7:06 PM on Nov. 5, 2010