Its a wonderful sign isnt it?

So lastnight I had to pee around 3 or 4am, (the usual) and when i went back upstairs to go back to bed, my SO's brother's baby was crying and nobody would wake up to his poor crying. I picked him up and bounced him a little and made him and smile and laugh a few times. It let me know that im going to make a wonderful mother.

So my question is, have any of you other moms or mom's to be ever experience this before your baby was born and knew right away that you were ready because of that amazing feeling?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:10 PM on Nov. 1, 2008 in Pregnancy

• :) I did. My neighbor's daughter is 10 months older than my daughter. When I was about 5 months pregnant, my neighbor started going back to work, right when her daughter started going through the "I want mommy!!" phase. Her dad sometimes just couldn't deal with the constant crying for an hour or so after she would leave, so he would come and get me to see if I could calm her down.

It was always instant...like i had that mommy smell or something. Amazing...it was kinda a nice little comforter, kinda like, yeah I can definitely do this, lol.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 1:14 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• Aww yes =] Last night my nieces came over for Halloween. The youngest is two. My mom has a witch that cackles and moves around when you make a noise near it. The two year old kept wanting to be picked up so she could yell "BOO!" and make the witch dance around. She thought it was awesome that I held her while she did it. I was like awww...I'm gonna have a little girl soon too and it's going to be awesome xD
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 1:16 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• the children in my church always flocked to me. I knew when I was 5 months pregnant and every child in the congregation left their parents to come and sit with me and my husband in the front row and they then argued over who got to sit by me or on my lap. I think I had 3 kids on my lap one on each side and two by my feet. I just knew.
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 1:36 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• I think it's great that you were able to do that. And yes, that is a good sign that you will be a great mother. But when you do have your own baby. Never pick him or her up out of the crib at 3 am and make them smile or laugh unless you want them to wake up at that time every morning. It will start a bad habit of waking up in the middle of the night because they want to play. When they wake up that early you should keep the lights off and try not to stimulate them so they will go back to sleep faster.
    Anonymous

• omg anon, you have to make it into a big lesson!!

I know what you mean, and yes, i have felt that. Yesterday in fact when i was holding my friends new born. :) it was awesome
    Anonymous

• eight years ago, before I ever thought I was going to be a mommy- I was 17 and my nephew was born. when I held him I knew that I was going to be a great mommy one day and eight years later, I am!! My nephew taught me a few things about taking care of a child and being there for someone who needed your help and guidance.
    Anonymous