my 2 yr old wont go on the potty unless i go...

HELP!!!! well let me start off by saying that my liv has had surgery to correct her 3 kidnys laxed blatter and bent uritor polls, we are sooooooooooooooo happy she started showing an interst in the potty and there is a chance she will never to be able to hold her urine at all but that is'nt my problem i live in the now... she will be 2 this sunday 11-7-10 and will only go to the potty if mommy goes and actually potty otherwise than that she'll sit there. its been 2 days now and i have her in "big girl" paintys is there any advise on how to have go wit out me sittting and actually going????
mommy can't drink anymore water lol lol

aliviasmom1170

Asked by aliviasmom1170 at 4:04 PM on Nov. 5, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Can you pretend to go? will she know the difference? also, have you tried giving her something fun to do while going potty? i know my daughter has a fear of public bathrooms, even at school, and I suggested allowing my dd to blow bubbles while going potty... now she goes no problem! I know its not the exact same thing, just figured it might work in your situation :) good luck
    icn_mom

Answer by icn_mom at 5:48 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Hi thankx sorry it took me so long to respond to your comment I was'nt shure how to check this... no we were doing so well and then she stoped going at all, so I let her go and then we started back up again but now she is in the "no " faze or she'll just sit there seems like forever and nothing then we'll put her pull up on and she'll go.She is going to school in april and they said no prob bout the potty but I want her to try were having a new baby in sept .. but i'm in no rush i'd like her to though she is sooo xcited to go to big girl school and i think bigl paintys will just put the icing on the cake
    aliviasmom1170

Comment by aliviasmom1170 (original poster) at 1:23 PM on Feb. 24, 2011