My STBX is going to abandon our children....

He just sent me a message saying he won't be returning home (he's deployed) that the kids are better off with out him and he'll just disappear off the face of the earth and never return.. I don't know how to handle this. I feel like he's just saying this to hook me again and keep me from leaving. I don't want to fall for it but I don't know if he's serious either.

mommy_of_two388

Asked by mommy_of_two388 at 4:06 PM on Nov. 5, 2010 in Relationships

• If you are leaving him, then are you planning on taking your children?

Go see his recruiter and see what they can do to help you get child support if he does abandon the children.

They don't play games with that stuff. They will ensure you get taken care of.

As for staying with him, just from this post he seems to be a bit manic and stressful on you and the children. I think you should get out of that situation while you still can.

Good luck!
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 4:21 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I would take that to the base and ask what you do when someone dceployed is having mental health manic breakthroughs??
    mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 4:09 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Send him a message back saying... Ok, see ya. Then inform him that he is in the military and you will be taking swift action for abandonment and child support.  The military does not play around when it comes to the welfare of dependents of military members.

shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 4:10 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• sounds to me like he's trying to manipulate you. I'd forward it to his command if this is pretty typical of you. One of two things will happen, if he's serious, they'll intervene, if he's just being a butt head, then that will teach him not to try it again.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 4:11 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Well the Service will know where he is.....if he doesn't want to see his kids, then perhaps they are better off, but he should most certainly SUPPORT his children, whether he wants to or not.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 4:10 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• He's abandoning YOU but you are the one who is leaving? That makes no sense. Tell his CO. If you are leaving him then he may be planning a suicide.
    Anonymous

• If he's deployed, that can seriously mess with someones head. I would talk to somebody.

Chell.o_0

Answer by Chell.o_0 at 4:14 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Read it, understood it. She is leaving her husband, BUT he is threatening to abandon his children. She feels that he is threatening this to keep her from leaving. And my advice is still the same.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 4:15 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Did no one else read the part where SHE SAID SHE WAS LEAVING?
    Anonymous

• anon shut your fucking mouth. If you knew the whole story and seen my recent questions Youll know whats going on. Of coarse I'm leaving him for many many reasons
    mommy_of_two388

Comment by mommy_of_two388 (original poster) at 4:15 PM on Nov. 5, 2010