I need advice - miscarriage and D&C

I had a really severe miscarriage and an emergency D&C performed late last Friday. You can view my other questions for more details, if you want.
Today I am having some lower back pain still, it's very mild and not constant. I'm also having some occassional, mild lower abdominal pain. I'm not really bleeding, but every once in a while I will pass a small clot of blood.
With the severity of everything, I am feeling good, but still freaking out every once in a while. My doctor is hard to get ahold of too, I have to call a call center first and convince them to transfer me to my dr.
Are the symptoms I'm having still, a week after the D&C typical? Has anyone else expereinced it?

CJM_SHM

Asked by CJM_SHM at 4:07 PM on Nov. 5, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• yes they are normal...the only time you should be worried is if the pain in so bad you can not walk, and you are passing clots larger than a golf ball and bleeding bright red with no stopping...(filling a pad every hour)...I just had a MC with D/C 3 weeks ago and I am finally not having mild cramps and stuff...Good luck momma!
    4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 4:24 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I would say they are normal as well. That is exactly what I went through. It can take awhile for your body to get back to a normal.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 4:48 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I had pain and bleeding for weeks after my emergency D&C. I would say if the pain is severe and if there is alot of bleeding to contact your doctor but from my experiance it is normal.
    saysha100687

Answer by saysha100687 at 6:52 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Yes they are all normal. I had spotting and clots for a day after my d&c then 4 days later I started my period. Pain and cramping is normal
    J.Norman

Answer by J.Norman at 5:09 AM on Nov. 6, 2010