I am severely allergic to cats, I take claritin everyday can I take care of my new nephew if they have cats. I am going to watch him at my house with no cats, and change him into clothes that I keep at my house as soon as he gets here in the morning? Any opinions would be great.

i have had him visit for an hour the other day and I held him for twenty minutes and was okay...no anaphalactic symtoms.

jnthn949

Asked by jnthn949 at 1:10 PM on Nov. 1, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• oh yikes that is scary if youre that allergic to cats. I would think that it would be ok if you change his clothes asap. maybe even bathe him and put him in clean clothes when he gets there. then probably would be ok. shouldnt have any allergens left on him if you do that,
    jltorres87

Answer by jltorres87 at 1:46 PM on Nov. 1, 2008