If you use disposable diapers, do you ever feel like some of the moms that don't look down on you?

For example, I've discussed diapering with other moms before and some of those that cloth-diaper seem so overly proud of it. They feel the need to remind me that they would not DARE put chemicals on their babies skin (the ones in disposable diapers) and go on and on about how bad disposables are for the environment.

I think it's great if someone used cloth diapers, but it's not for me. My son has never had any sort of negative reaction to his diapers. He's never even had a hint of diaper rash and he's 13 months old!

I ma NOT saying that all moms who cloth diaper act like this, but have any of you ever received this attitude from some??

LovingSAHMommy

Asked by LovingSAHMommy at 4:17 PM on Nov. 5, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• I dont sweat it. If someone says something to me. I have my own reasoning for using disposables... I work full time and my daycare doesnt allow clothe diapers. I also barely have time to get regular laundry done and the thought of adding diapers to the laundry mix...... If I stayed at home I probably would have tried it but since I dont there is nothing I can do.... Now my baby is 17 months and its not worth the investment....
    navyjen

Answer by navyjen at 4:19 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Not as much as when they find out I stopped breastfeeding (I had to) but yes.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 4:19 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• on this site, yes. Its like the bf or ff issue too, which I've done both. its not for everyone, and everyone should realize that.
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 4:20 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• It's not just cloth diapers. It seems that some parenting choices tend to come with a superiority complex. Some moms think they make certain choices because they are better informed or care more. I for one, don't judge what kind of parents people are based on meaningless things like what kind of diapers people use.

maxswolfsuit

Answer by maxswolfsuit at 8:21 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I don't care what other m0m think personally. MY childs bottom is still clean and that is all that matters... Just ignore them
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 4:19 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• i can't STAND people like that. Not even with diapers, but bottles "I only use glass because it's USA not China" Toys, EVERYTHING. I got soooo sick of it once, I told them to Fu*k off, obviously my daughter is fine.

*bangs my head against desk*
    Chell.o_0

Answer by Chell.o_0 at 4:21 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Yeah I have. :) But I get the same beef about being a FF and a working mom too. :)
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 4:27 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• All 3 of mine used disposable diapers. In the real world I did not know anyone who used cloth, and I never had anyone criticize my choice to use disposables. Here on CM though there are some topics that seem to cause a big debate and there are moms who are quick to assert their views and think that their way is the right way and the only way to do things.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 4:28 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I cloth diapered but was the only one I knew who did. And I got attitude from the other moms....I just ignored it.....I did find it a tad annoying, though....I was never the one who brought up the issue, but found myself frequently having to defend myself....I used disposable's also, but only when travelling.
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 4:29 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• People who go the cloth diaper, wearing your child, co-sleeping, exclusive breastfeeding route .. A majority, but not all .. Tend to look down on those who don't. Honestly.. I don't care. My children are healthy and happy, so that's all that matters to me.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 5:49 PM on Nov. 5, 2010