What is a good joint pill?

My knees are getting so bad. Winter is worse. I"m only 41 but my knees have given me a hard time since I was in HS. Do these advertised joint pills work? They seem so expensive to just try so if you have experience with some and think they are fantastic, please tell me about them.
Any thoughts on the subject at all would be nice.

Jambo4

Asked by Jambo4 at 4:46 PM on Nov. 5, 2010 in Health

• I used to work in a health store, and as far as the joint pills, they work for some people, and some they don't. Your best bet though, is to buy a pill that has both glucosamine, chondroitin, and MSM in it. The glucosamine helps slow down damage to the joint, the chondroitin helps to lubricate the joint, and the MSM helps with any pain you may be experiencing. One of the cheapest ways to get them is at www.puritan.com - right now they are having a buy one get one, buy 2 get 3 free sale. If you don't have the money though, or even if you do get the pills, try this....: 1 tbs Apple Cider Vinegar with 2 TBS Honey, and an 8 oz glass of water 2x a day. Sounds gross and doesn't taste all that great, but I have heard testimony after testimony about how over time it has helped so many people...! (And it's super cheap....) Hope this helps!
    momof2redhedz

Answer by momof2redhedz at 5:26 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Arthritis runs in the family. My mom had it terribly when she was a child in Scotland and all they had were heating pads. She does not suffer anymore because she eats a diet rich in organic fruits and veggies, and uses safer products on her body and in her home, and takes a multivitamin..and swears by it. Also she insists on Vitamin C, and glucosamine. Drink Green Tea (anti-inflammatory) and eat lots of pineapple (rich in Bromelain). She does not suffer anymore. Anyway..I hope this helps some.
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 9:42 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• glucosamine & chondroitin they both work and cure problems in the joints so well that dr. actually can see a marked difference in their patients. Go to web md and research it. Some people use it with MSM also.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 9:01 PM on Nov. 7, 2010