Aughhhh! Seriously!

How do I get my almost 3 year old to STOP biting on her long sleeve shirts?! She's ruins them! Her nails too! Is this like a oral fixation thing?

Help!

Chell.o_0

Asked by Chell.o_0 at 4:54 PM on Nov. 5, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Let me know if you do! Mine has an oral fixation! EVERYTHING goes in her mouth and gets bitten!
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 4:55 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Mine too! She'll even start to cough, and make weird noises. Like she's choking! I can't ignore it, cuz what if she does choke? It's driving me NUTS! I pulled over in the car today, cuz she was acting like that.
    Chell.o_0

Comment by Chell.o_0 (original poster) at 4:57 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Should you ask your pediatrician for advice? Would a reward for stopping work? Just ideas.............
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 5:01 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I thought about that just now! :) I know like 8 months ago, one of her toncils were enlarged, there was talk about having them out, but they don't like to do that so young. Plus it was up to us, and we didn't wanna do that unless we knew it was gonna help, she drools too!
    Chell.o_0

Comment by Chell.o_0 (original poster) at 5:06 PM on Nov. 5, 2010