What is the worst problem facing teens right now?

What problem do you think is the biggest challenge for your teen? Is it different than what you would say was your worst at that age?

Jambo4

Asked by Jambo4 at 4:57 PM on Nov. 5, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• texting while driving!
    Chell.o_0

Answer by Chell.o_0 at 4:58 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• sex

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:00 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Its all the same, Sex, drugs, drinking, pressure, pressure to be skinny, pressure to be "good", to be the "best" ect...
    madsmom314

Answer by madsmom314 at 5:00 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Focusing on edcuation in order to have better employment/career prospects in the global economy/global career based world/society that they will have to be working/living in during the decades to come.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 5:01 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• parents who don't know how to set limits.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 5:15 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Parents. They don't set limits, bounderies, or rules anymore. They don't pay attention. They take the easy route out and give up far too often then they should. Which they never should. They just aren't involved like I remember parents being.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 5:39 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Parents not setting a good example. Too often we blame the child when we need to be looking at the parents.
    iluvmykidsxoxo

Answer by iluvmykidsxoxo at 5:50 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Parents not teaching respect, limits, control, consequences. Also, an failing education system. Peer pressure to use drugs and alcohol and parents that allow it to happen in their homes.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:05 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Parents not acting like parents... They want to be friends and also, they give there kids to much money with out them working for it.
    sew4heaven

Answer by sew4heaven at 11:19 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I'd have to agree with many of the previous posters in that it's the parents. They are too scared, tired, stressed out, whatever to set and enforce boundaries, discipline, mentor/teach ... they just give in too easily and it's obvious that it's impacting these kids in a negative way. I'm the only one amongst my friends (we all have teens) who has a curfew for their child, I do NOT do my son's homework, he has had a job since he was 12 so he can pay for the things he wants, etc. My friends' teens have this overblown sense of entitlement (since mom and dad have given them everything from day one) and way too big attitudes (because they're constantly praised for doing nothing) that are enough to make anybody sick.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:49 AM on Nov. 6, 2010