Do you have an eating disorder?

Why?

Do you have it because of emotional issues in your family while growing up?
Do you have it because of a rape? Insest? or other sexual issue?
Do you have it becasue of issues in your marraige?
Are you still trying to figure out why you have it?
Or
Do you have an eating disorder becasue there is a thin model in a beautiful outfit and THAT made you have an eating disorder?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:21 PM on Nov. 5, 2010 in Health

• I don't have an eating disorder, I like my food too much! I could never starve myself.
    momofone221

Answer by momofone221 at 5:22 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I love food to much!
    mymestey

Answer by mymestey at 5:26 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I have food Issues, not so much a disorder. it started when I was around 16 probably.. it was not for any "reason" I was always thin I guess and that's when I started drinking and gained "beer weight" and that's when I started throwing up when I ate.. not ALL the time and not all of the food of the day or anything.. but I did/do binge eat / night eat and still struggle with this battle.I am 32 now. it totally affected my self esteem.. no parental issues, had a great childhood - just started self destructing due to my genetic disposition of depression from a chemical imbalance...
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:32 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I eat too much, especially too much of the bad kinds of foods like sweets. I consider it to be like an eating disorder because it's an emotional thing for me. I think my eating habits are linked to depression. There were issues in my family growing up, particularly abuse. I don't have any sexual issues. There have been issues in my marriage that have contributed to my depression and over eating. I don't think mine has anything to do with models or clothing. But then maybe most people wouldn't consider overeating as an eating disorder.
    Anonymous

• I have an eating disorder. I'm an over-eater. I can try to put the blame off on any number of people or things I want but, the fact still remains that it's MY hand going to MY mouth.
    ourbabykins

Answer by ourbabykins at 7:30 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I do not have a eating disorder. I know my limit when it comes to eating food.
    canta1980

Answer by canta1980 at 11:17 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I have an eating disorder. I don't receive any help for it, but it just stems from my irrational fear of being fat. I am not any where near fat, nor have I ever been fat, not even when I was pregnant. I exercise a ton, I do not eat a whole lot (900 calories a day), if I ever go over, I throw up. It do not happen often, maybe once or twice a month, but it happens. I do not blame anyone or anything for my choice
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 1:13 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• No, I like food, but I also like fitting into my pants.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 7:48 PM on Nov. 7, 2010