why is it hurting??

i had my baby on the 11th of october. she weighed 7 lbs. 15 ozs.

(sorry if this sounds gross)
ive been having trouble havin a bowel movement since then. everytime i go, it feels like the bowel movement is cutting me as it is coming out. i go through pain all over again.

ive been taking stool softeners to help, but they dont seem to help.

any answers to why its hurting like it is??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:42 PM on Nov. 1, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Could it be hemroids? I think you should go see your OB.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 1:43 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• ask your doctor
    Anonymous

• It's pretty normal, especially if you needed stitches. One thing that helped me was to lean way over to one side or the other when i was trying to go. That relieved some of the pressure on my episiotomy site. Keep taking the stool softeners, and try using your peri bottle (the hospital should have given you one, or use a squirt bottle) while you go. Sometimes the warm water can help.
    SamanthaAgain

Answer by SamanthaAgain at 1:45 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• If they are really firm, make sure you are drinking enough fluids, especially if you are breastfeeding. I had major issues with being constipated/dehydrated when I was breastfeeding. It was like I had to be constantly drinking water so that I didn't get dehydrated.
    scrapbookmylife

Answer by scrapbookmylife at 2:19 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• I had the same problem. I decided to not take stool softener since I was breastfeeding my daughter. I started eating more fruits and drank lots of fluid which made my stool softer. It still hurts somewhat but is more manageable than before.
    Anonymous

• I WENT TREW THE SAME THING,STILL AM.AND SHE IS 5MONTHS.I HAVE A SQUIRT BOTTLE I PUT HOT WATER IN AND IT SEEMS TO HELP ALOT WITH THE PAIN.I WAS TOLD AFTER 6MONTHS U GOT TO SEE A DOCTOR.BUT TRY A BOTTLE,LIKE THE KIND (SORRY)A DOUCHE COMES IN NOT A REGULAR SPRAY BOTTLE,I GOT MINE FROM THE HOSPITAL BCUZ I HAD STITCHES TO CLEAN.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 6:56 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• Just reading that made me tighten my butt in memory pains.... I am so sorry. I used stool softeners and drank alot to stay hydrated. I also tried to eat foods high in fiber. It eventually went away. Good luck.
    MotherShaw

Answer by MotherShaw at 11:50 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• Yep, me too mothershaw... the pain will subside eventually. I had an epeziotomy, tore, then the doctor cut me more.. Turns out I had a "side wall tear"...ANYWHO.. This is a sensitive area that just experience a helluva lot of trauma, expect a few weeks (or in my case months) to heal. I was sore to tampons and sex for the first 5 months after the baby. :( ALL worth it though!!
    ZoeKatsMom

Answer by ZoeKatsMom at 12:49 PM on Nov. 3, 2008