Does anyone have a hard time making friends on here?

There seems to be the ones with piles of friends. Then there also seems to be those one's who don't have any at all. So I was kinda curious as to the dynamics of it.

Countrygirlw3

Asked by Countrygirlw3 at 12:21 PM on Jul. 4, 2008 in About CafeMom

• I'm new too and I have no idea. What groups are you a member of? We can be friends!
    jackimci

Answer by jackimci at 12:23 PM on Jul. 4, 2008

• I think that if you're wanting to make friends here you really have to be honest, open, and get yourself out there. If you're only posting a comment in a group here and there then most people will overlook you unless it's an extremely good comment. I've actually gotten most of my Cafemom friends because I invited them to be my friend after I read an amazing answer they gave someone in a group or in this new Answers section. Remember, you can approach others just like they can approach you...if someone looks interesting then send them an invite!
    MamaPyratekk

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 12:24 PM on Jul. 4, 2008

• MamaPyratekk is correct.....Read the profiles and see if they intrest you and just invite them or message them.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 1:29 PM on Jul. 4, 2008

• Most of mine are people that I felt a connection with through the groups we are in. Find groups that interest you. Join in the conversation. You will find people you are drawn to.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 1:41 PM on Jul. 4, 2008

• You've gotten some good advice, thus far. Use it and you will make many friends. Feel free to PM me, too!
    Kauna

Answer by Kauna at 2:14 PM on Jul. 4, 2008

• i am new and i don' have many friends, so i will do a friend invite.
    drgroves

Answer by drgroves at 2:51 PM on Jul. 4, 2008

• I have made several good friends, but you, by far, are my BEST friend on here...
    coffeelady38

Answer by coffeelady38 at 4:10 PM on Jul. 4, 2008

• I have trouble making "mom" friends just because I am a new mom and I guess I have a hard time adjusting to it all. I would love to make new friends, but I'm just too shy sometimes.
    ambie1983

Answer by ambie1983 at 4:17 PM on Jul. 4, 2008

• I seem to do better here than in real life! I'm pretty shy with strangers in real life but have a lot of confidence in myself online. Crazy, huh? Most of the friends I have are via my groups. I find humor in a lot of things that others overlook. That seems to draw ppl to me. Life is so serious sometimes that we forget to find the humor and forget to play and have fun. At my age it's a must! One never knows how long he/she is on this earth so let's not sweat the small stuff and just enjoy each other. Feel free to check out my homepage and if you want to be friends let me know. I'll share some of my friends with you. No one can have too many!

Answer by admckenzie at 4:31 PM on Jul. 4, 2008

• The more invitations you send, the more friends you will likely have. Everyone doesn't accept but I think there is a high probability that your invitations will be accepted if you send them. I send them when I feel a connection to someone and have had a few messages as the result of a post. Once in a while, I send one because I really connect after one encounter and I know we have alot in common or are really passionate about the same things. The latter are my real "friends". The more I put myself out there, write messages, leave chat, give good advice, the more I get invites. I bet many of those on the friends list of any page are barely remembered or known to the mom. I have never deleted friends although I have thought about it because I don't have any communication or real connection to some of them and I think they feel the same about me.
    manna1qd

Answer by manna1qd at 4:32 PM on Jul. 6, 2008