So what is the law on fighting a pregnant woman??

I remember the days of high school drama and hearing girls say that if they punched a pregnant girl in the face they could not do any harm to the baby or get into trouble for it if something did happen to the baby. However, I have also heard people say that it does not matter where you hit the woman, if she ends up miscarrying after you hit her you could go to jail for 3rd or 2nd degree murder. Anyone know truth to this? The answer has been bothering me for years and I have never been able to find an answer. Does anyone maybe know of a site I may have missed in my search for the truth??

hostlerak

Asked by hostlerak at 5:48 PM on Nov. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I think each state has a different law. Call your local PD and ask them.
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 5:49 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• It varies depending on where you live. I would just avoid punching people in general though. It is still battery.
    TaraK.

Answer by TaraK. at 6:05 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• yep, depends on the state. check your state laws.
    rfurlongg

Answer by rfurlongg at 5:53 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• The laws vary from state to state.

Some states have laws (in regards to : assault, murder,etc) with specific provisions for when the victim is pregnant. Some do not. And even within those that do the provisions vary.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 6:03 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• it just depends on what state you live in, go to your local police department they usually have pamphlets u can read or just simply ask someone at the department what the law is
    dbarkley101306

Answer by dbarkley101306 at 2:15 PM on Nov. 6, 2010