Love and Logic: Looking for suggestions for applying the techniques when you feel too tired to put in the effort.

Artist_On_Leave

Asked by Artist_On_Leave at 6:12 PM on Nov. 5, 2010 in General Parenting

• What exactly are you asking? Maybe a little more details would help.
    TaraK.

Answer by TaraK. at 6:14 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Get some rest. Seriously, I know it's hard to do, but parenting is exceptionally hard work. If you find it easy, you're not doing it right! LOL! Is there anyone who can watch your kids for just one night, or even an evening or a day? You need to find some relaxation and rejuvenation. If you can't get that, when your children go to bed, allow yourself just an hour to an hour and a half to get you together and then go to bed. If you're doing this by yourself, it's seriously important that you find some time to be by yourself.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 6:16 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I am indeed, m-avi. I do need to be better about making more time for me. I guess my real question is, will there come a point in time where the techniques of the love and logic parenting style will become natural or will it always be a breathe and think type thing. It is so easy sometimes to just react when the kids are being kids.
    Artist_On_Leave

Comment by Artist_On_Leave (original poster) at 6:29 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I've been there!! Ask a realative or someone to take the kids for overnight or a weekend at grandma's & turn the TV off, unplug the phone, turn cell phone off, stay off computer, close blinds, lock the door & rest!!
    girliemom0406

Answer by girliemom0406 at 3:52 PM on Nov. 6, 2010