Positive OPK yesterday, would it matter to BD today?

My husband and I are ttc#2. I have Pcos and was put on 50mg Clomid. I got my positive OPK yesterday on cd12. We BD'd cd 8, 9, 10, 11, and 12. We BD'd yesterday at 7pm. My husband is on call and works all day today. Would it really matter to skip this day?

loveexxamanda

Asked by loveexxamanda at 6:21 PM on Nov. 5, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• You could skip today, sperm live up to 5 days in the right environment.
    momofone221

Answer by momofone221 at 6:25 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• i would do it simply because it's fun. On average sperm live three days so if you just aren't in the mood tonight then it's ok to skip it.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 6:46 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• A positive OPK does NOT mean that you are ovulating THAT minute or even THAT day. OPKs actually do not detect ovulation.

It detects the LH surge that preceeds ovulation. The LH surge usually happens anywhere from 12-48 hours prior to ovulation so it would ABSOLUTELY be a good idea to BD again today.

And if you don't get pregnant this month get the book Taking Charge Of Your Fertility to learn to how to chart which is much more accurate, has way less guessing and tends to give better results for women on Clomid then OPKs.
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 8:26 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• It's not that I dont WANT to..it's just that I cant because my husband is working. Atleast until midnight tonight.
    loveexxamanda

Comment by loveexxamanda (original poster) at 8:42 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I would just BD when he gets home. Studies have shown that most women release their egg within a couple of hours of midnight. Scientist think it has something to do with the mooon.

BD....it certainly can't hurt! ;)
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 9:41 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• moon**

miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 9:42 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• yes because opk usually show the Lh surge 12- 24 hours before you ovulate have fun and good luck
    tonidrum214

Answer by tonidrum214 at 10:59 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• A positive OPK means you're in your most fertile time and will ovulate in the next day or two. Today and tomorrow would probably be your best shot and getting pregnant.

Since you had sex yesterday, you'd probably be ok to skip today, but I'd definitely go for it tomorrow, without a doubt. Maybe twice.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 8:41 PM on Nov. 6, 2010