What to do about a pushy boyfriend?

I don't want to breastfeed, my boyfriend said he wouldn't have a kid with anyone who won't. So now I'm stuck having to do it when the baby is born. He also says he doesn't want the baby to have its shots and will only send it to private school. Those were his terms. Stressed out and no idea what to do. Advice please.

earthfaerie696

Asked by earthfaerie696 at 6:23 PM on Nov. 5, 2010 in General Parenting

• Did you know this before you got pregnant?
    dmdblleb

Answer by dmdblleb at 6:26 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Tell him to breast feed, you should not do this if you do not want to.... shots to me are essential, and so is private school, You need to sit down with this pushy boyfriend and tell him it is a 50/50 deal not one sided.

Answer by older at 6:26 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Are you pregnant yet? If not, don't be. If you are, be prepared for a very rough time parenting with this man. If you don't have a baby with him yet, run like hell. He sounds very controlling and like he is the only one whose opinion matters.
    lilangilyn

Answer by lilangilyn at 6:27 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• While this should have been discussed waaaaayyyyy before a child entered the picture, now is as good a time as any to sit down and discuss this. I tend to agree with him on the shots and stuff, but its not me who has to decide. You two need to come to an agreement quickly about what is going to happen.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 6:29 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• The problem is we don't have the money for private school and I would like my kid to go to public school. yes i knew this before getting pregnant but I didn't think it would happen so soon. lol. I have talked to him about the shots and he did finally agree to it seeing as the kid can't go to school without shots. breastfeeding freaks me out though. I don't wanna.
    earthfaerie696

Comment by earthfaerie696 (original poster) at 6:30 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• found out a few days ago that I'm pregnant. he's a great guy and usually isn't controlling in the least.
    earthfaerie696

Comment by earthfaerie696 (original poster) at 6:31 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• you make it sound like you are expecting
    if so, seek some couples therapy and quick

he is not acting like a partner

and this added stress while pregnant is not needed or good for you

getting an impartal person in on the matters of yourrelstionship, may help him to see he is controling and not being a descent partner
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 6:32 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• RUN!
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 6:32 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• lol I'm not going to run. I do love him and i think therapy might be a good idea. part of it too is my parents don't like him because he owns his own business. he sells jewelry. basically they are jealous that he has his own business and makes more money than them. so i sent my mom a message the other day telling her i was pregnant i haven't heard from her in 3 days.
    earthfaerie696

Comment by earthfaerie696 (original poster) at 6:36 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Sounds to me like he wants whats best for the child.
    To be a bitch and state the obvious, you knew what he wanted. You should have been more careful.
    My husband and I don't agree on certain aspects of having a boy, therefore we use two forms of birth control until we can come to some compromise (which is doubtful) or he gets a vasectomy.
    dmdblleb

Answer by dmdblleb at 6:39 PM on Nov. 5, 2010