Potty Training Help

My son turned 3 in September and we have been working on potty training for a while. He gets it he really does he goes all day if he is has no pants on and sometimes he will take off his pants and go but most times he still will go in his underwear even though he knows that he is supposed to go in the potty. Any advice? If he is naked he will go both #1 and #2 all day but if he has underwear on forget it.

BeautyFromPain

Asked by BeautyFromPain at 6:29 PM on Nov. 5, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Have you tried rewards or treats if he can keep his underwear dry?
    phoofy

Answer by phoofy at 6:38 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Try the reward for staying dry. That finally did the trick for us. Also, make sure to praise when he does stay dry. I finally got the point where I just let him have accidents and cleaned him up without comment. However, I made a big deal and gave him rewards for keeping himself dry and using the potty all by himself.
    momofryan07

Answer by momofryan07 at 7:03 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• when we were potty training my ds he was 1 month away from being 3 i put him in underwear and plastic pants. if he did have accidents we didnt have to clean the floor or where ever he was. at nite we put on pull ups. it took about 1 week before he realized he didnt want to be wet. we also had a continer of little treats healthy snacks little toys. in about 2 weeks we didnt have more then 2 accidents a week. and then in about 1 month he was wearing the undies at nite and even getting up to use the bathroom.
    now to work on my dd who just turned 2
    knagsmom

Answer by knagsmom at 6:37 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Hmmm I guess I have not emphasized a reward for staying dry. Just for going. Maybe I should go that route!
    BeautyFromPain

Comment by BeautyFromPain (original poster) at 6:47 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Rewards definitely help preschoolers and toddlers with their potty training.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 2:50 PM on Nov. 7, 2010