How do I use teething tablets?

I am just wondering if I am supposed to give them to her by themselves, or do I use them in addition to her motrin and tylenol? She is getting the motrin and tylenol alternated every 3 hours per dr.'s orders, but how do i administer the teething tablets? oh... she is almost a year old.

chipper87

Asked by chipper87 at 1:55 PM on Nov. 1, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• it should say on the box. or you may be abl to call poison control to find out. or dose doctor .com
    myboogiewoogie

Answer by myboogiewoogie at 1:57 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• You can use them by themselves. I use them as an alternative to tylenol and motrin when I can. Put them under her tongue, they will dissolve almost instantlly, and then wait 10-15 minutes. If it seems like they aren't helping then go with whatever works. They are meant to be used by themselves, but since they are homeopathic there are no drug interactions.
    SamanthaAgain

Answer by SamanthaAgain at 1:57 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• How old is your baby? Make sure they are old enough for motin (over 6 months) And it's fine to alternate Tylenol and Motrin or give them at the same time if you bayb is very uncomfortable. You can give 2 at a time I think it says either just put them in their mouth (they dissolve really quick, try one!) or I think the package suggest mixing with a little water if you want and giving it that way.
    And while I don't think there are any drug intereactions with these, it's not correct to assume there isn't a drug interaction because something is homeopathic. Anything that enters the body that causes a "change" is a drug... herbal or not. And they can cause side effects and have harmful interactions with other medications.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 2:52 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• You can use them on their own or with the pain meds. They do different things.
    The tablets take the "edge" off of her fussiness.
    The pain meds ease the pain.
    You just pop a tablet or two into her mouth. They dissolve quickly and don't need to be chewed or swallowed.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 3:16 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• you can use the together f you need to. jsut put hem under her tongue.
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 3:40 PM on Nov. 1, 2008