Would you like it?

If one of your family members gave you a home made gift like home made chocolate craft or cookies in a cute tin? Or would you think ugh that is crap. ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:57 PM on Nov. 1, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I would love it! I know what it's like to have trouble buying gifts for everyone, so knowing that they took the time to think of me like that would be really special. If they think they're crap then you don't have a very nice family lol.
    SamanthaAgain

Answer by SamanthaAgain at 1:58 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• I would love it as well. It is the thought that counts and obviously they thought enough of me to make me something.
    mommygreeneyes

Answer by mommygreeneyes at 1:59 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• i would love it! the time and consideration involved is way better than a gift card or some meaningless gift.
    myboogiewoogie

Answer by myboogiewoogie at 1:59 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• I was asking cause dear hubbie said...um who would want that?? But he had no helpful ideas to suggest instead...but I want all your honest opinions...
    Anonymous

• To be completely honest, it would depend on who made it. There are certain people in my family that I wouldn't exactly want homemade cookies from, if you know what I mean. I'd totally appreciate it, but I probably wouldn't eat the cookies if they were questionable : / But if someone I trust, like my grandma, made me cookies and put them in a cute tin, hells yeah I'd love that xD
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 2:13 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• That is what my SO and I do every year. We make home made sugar cookies (including the frosting) and give them in tins to family, even those out of state. Everyone loves them, and looks forward to getting them every year as a gift. It's a fun thing for us to do together, and it saves money too!
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 2:15 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• I think anything edible is a great homemade gift. The homemade gifts that I think "egh, what is this crap" on are usually the knit tissue box covers or something.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 2:36 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• I would think it was nice. I do not eat dairy, so I hope it would be something dairy-free!
    TeaAndrews

Answer by TeaAndrews at 2:47 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• I think it's a fab idea! Each year, my DH's aunt's give a little something to our kids for Christmas and I wanted to show a little something of appreciation (but of course we couldn't afford to buy them all something). So I made 2 batches of chocolate PB truffles (which made about 125 pieces) and put them in little decorated clear bags (easily found at the dollar store), tie them with curly ribbon and voila...beautiful, yummy and a thoughtful gift. They loved them!! And it just shows that you care. =)
    my2luvbugs

Answer by my2luvbugs at 2:51 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• OMG! I would soooo love that. I am the only person in my family who makes gifts. One year, I had no gift tags, so I put the duplicate pack of photos to good use. I bought pretty plain stuff, sweaters for everybody. I put a photo of my sister sunbathing in a bikini on the box. My brother was on a raft, that photo went on his sweater box. Everybody remembers getting the pictures 15 years later, and nobody remembers at all what was in those cheesy boxes.
    bb
    Left Brainy
    LeftBrainy

Answer by LeftBrainy at 2:57 PM on Nov. 1, 2008