Baby shower games...fun or hokey?

Planning a baby shower for my niece (17) and I'm not really sure about games. We didn't do them at either of my showers. What do you think?

scout_mom

Asked by scout_mom at 6:59 PM on Nov. 5, 2010 in Entertainment

• I am not a fan of the games, but everyone else seems to enjoy them at the baby showers I have attended. I was so glad to not have to participate in them at my own baby shower.
    FLAngel981

Answer by FLAngel981 at 7:09 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• maybe just a few..they're good for laughs. personally, i don't like the ones that make you write down a bunch of stuff..i'd prefer to be up and doing, rather than sitting down with a puzzle.
    i really only go for the cake and frothy punch, though. :))
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 7:02 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Games can be a good thing. It's a good ice breaker and it gets people in a good mood. Especially since she's young, she probably isn't familiar with many of the baby shower games. Why not, right?
    fireeyes81

Answer by fireeyes81 at 7:02 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I think they are fun, but I agree the paper ones suck. i like the one where you read a card that has a action such as "nursing" and u act it out and your team guesses what u are doing. Lol, I forgot what its called but its so much fun.
    BrittanyD07

Answer by BrittanyD07 at 7:09 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• FLAngel981, that's how I feel too. I hated the games portion of the showers I have been to, but I thought it was just me. I'm thinking presents, food and conversation make a great shower. (c:
    scout_mom

Comment by scout_mom (original poster) at 7:47 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Hokey but heck I like them. I love baby showers.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 9:26 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Depends on the personalities of the guests. I have been to some where lots of games were played and everyone had a fun time with them. Others I have been to were a little too formal for a baby shower in my opinion and I thought it was quite boring, so I would take a look at the guest list and see what types of ladies are invited. However, it's really up to the mommy-to-be-if she wants games-play games regardless.
    Queenofscrap

Answer by Queenofscrap at 12:17 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• I loved playing games I thought it was so much fun.
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 1:10 PM on Nov. 6, 2010