Why do so many people here believe that they can't?

I was just wondering why so many people on here are so full of hatred with other people who don't believe the same as them or who don't believe at all? Also, why can't you treat them with respect because they are human beings too? I don't understand the reasoning behind your hatred for them, mainly, JWs, Athiest, and etc.?

Freda01

Asked by Freda01 at 1:57 PM on Nov. 1, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• mom2gavahnyaand you said "to answer the question people are not taught tolerance" but then you post that she is wrong in her beliefs? They are her beliefs you have yours. You do not need to "correct her" practice what you preach and don't be a hypocrite about saying people aren't taught tolerance, you obviously weren't either.
    Anonymous

• I totally agree with you Freda01

the main thing is that lack of understanding about something makes then scared of it, if you are scared of it, you are likely to hate it just on that basis alone.

My husband is southern baptist. a couple of JW's knocked on our door the other day. He was flabbergasted that I listened and was polite. I'm a Christian who believes in magic and other kinda "out there" stuff BTW. I fully believe that in order to understand your own religion, you need to understand the other religions out there. How else could we grow?
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 2:03 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• I agee. You can't learn anything if you don't listen to what they have to say. It is funny though because I am a JW. But, that doesn't matter, We should love everyone, cause If we didn't have any love at all, look at what kaos we would be in right now. Besides I have a wonderful and a great friend who I love very much and she's pagan.
    Freda01

Answer by Freda01 at 2:07 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• I must admit, I don't know much about JW, much less than other religions but I don't see anything wrong with it :) part of me wonders how Jesus could be God and still be the son of God. That part confuses me greatly. What makes me Christian is that I believe Jesus died for our sins but that just doesn't seem to be enough for other Christians...I always get people trying to pressure me into believing exactly what they do about it. It sucks :o(
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 2:10 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• I respect others beliefs as I hope they respect mines (OF COURSE THEY DONT ALWAYS DO)
    Im catholic...I had some friend in high school who were pentecostal. They were all into their church and all which I was fine with it but what used to bother me is that they would always talk about my religion, so one day I got fed uo with it and when off on them and told them....
    "at least at my church they dont teach me to judge others beliefs"....
    LOL just a funny story about this.
    Nellie1986

Answer by Nellie1986 at 2:16 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• Nellie- wanna know what I learned recently? LOL well, I was raised Catholic anyways... but I have OCD. I like ritual. my favorite organized religion is Catholic...just something about it "feels" like church to me. I know it's kinda silly but I just can't get used to churches that aren't organized! I just recently learned it's due to my OCD
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 2:18 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• The key is and has always been Mutual respect! There is so much we can learn from one another that it does seem silly to let one thing get in the way of that!
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 2:19 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• Well, Jesus is not God. He is the son of God. When Jesus was in heaven with God and God was creating the earth and man. He said "let US create him in OUR imagine". God was talking to Jesus. I don't think that someone as supreme as God would talk to himself like that, do you? Also, if Jesus was God, then why when he was born on earth did he pray to hid heavenly father? No, Jesus is not God, or vice versa.
    Freda01

Answer by Freda01 at 2:19 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• I just like the set up and the order involved in it.

of course I now don't go to any church, I worship on my own. :)
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 2:19 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• Gotta go right now, my sister has brain cancer and I need to get over there. I'll be back though. You can ask me as many questions as you like though. Have a Great Day, Freda01
    Freda01

Answer by Freda01 at 2:21 PM on Nov. 1, 2008