Any Ideas?

I just recently became a stay-at-home mom...my husband has thought about picking up a second job on Saturdays so that we can still afford for me to be home and have some extra cash. It's great that he wants to do that for me, but it makes me feel guilty. I always told him that I would never expect him to work two jobs, or 6 days a week, just so I can stay home with our boys. So, I volunteered to pick up a job on Saturdays to help bring in extra money, and it would give me a chance to socialize with other adults but still be a stay-at-home mom :)

This is where I need ideas. My first thought was to apply for waitressing jobs. There are SO many restaurants in our area, and I know I could make a decent amount of money just working on Saturdays or Saturday nighs. Can you think of any other positions that I could just one day/night a week to help bring in money?

MichaelsMom330

Asked by MichaelsMom330 at 7:12 PM on Nov. 5, 2010 in Money & Work

• I don't think a server can only work Saturday from the start. Servers like that shift for the big money, but good luck. You might be able to do some baby sitting or lawn service for people on Saturday.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 7:15 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Retail would love you if you could work Saturdays! You can look at merchandising jobs, particularly those that hire for weekend work.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 7:16 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• You might want to look at www.care.com and www.sittercity.com. Especially care.com has several categories of jobs not just child care. They have pet sitting, house sitting, and "care gigs" that don't really fit into other categories. I found my 2 part time jobs at these websites. The closer you are to a big city the more possibilities, obviously. Use the pulldown at the website to see the different categories. And then your zipcode. GL!!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:49 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• If you could find someone to only let you work Saturdays ~ that would be great! And you never know ~ that is probably a busier day for most restaurants. Retail is another great idea. Have you ever thought about working from home? It takes some dedication and determination, but is really worth it. You would get to set your own schedule, work around anything you have going on and neither one of you would have to worry about finding a job away from home on the weekends. Take some time to do some research ~ there are many, many companies out there!! And Cafemom is a great place to research.
    jekrmom

Answer by jekrmom at 7:56 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Have you ever thought about working from home to make extra money? I work from home and I love it! I am a stay at home Mommy to my 3 year old son, and 20 month old daughter. I work with a great team of Moms; we help each other create income from home. No parties, No inventory! Free website, training, and unlimited support!!
    I would love to give you more information and help you reach your financial goals!

Erika
    Proud Member of Internet CEO Moms!
    Helping MOMS Work from Home since 1999!
    Visit my website:
    www.OurCEOMom.com
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 2:15 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Retail, office cleaning, bank tellers. Maybe check with the temp agencies.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 2:12 PM on Nov. 6, 2010