Why do people feed their kids so much crap, then wonder why there are so many overweight kids these days?

I read how people regularly feed their kids "chicken nuggest, fries, mac and cheese, ramen noodle soup, poptarts, pizza etc' cause "thats all they will eat" and people wonder why there are so many overweight/obese kids, with blood pressure problems and high cholesterol.....parents should be ashamed. This generation of kids are going to have major heatlh problems, and wont live as long as their parents.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:14 PM on Nov. 5, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• I have asked this same question on here...LOL I have no answer for you.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 7:18 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 7:20 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• You got me! I wonder the same things. You won't even find a can of soup, a box of cereal, or a box of Hamburger Helper in our cupboards. Is it really too hard to make eggs and cut up fruit for breakfast? If we want soup, I get out a chicken a few hours in advance, boil it, and make broth or soup myself. I really think it's just laziness.
    MyGiftsFromGod

Answer by MyGiftsFromGod at 7:20 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• It's sad, I know. The school lunch program isnt much better- when they count french fries or tator tots as a vegetable! I know with hectic lifestyles, sometimes the trip to the local fast food place can be unavoidable. But more people need to find a beter balance in the amount of sugar, fat & salt in their daily diets. Those frozen Kid Cuisine meals have a ton of salt. And dont get me started on Pop tarts. That's not breakfast food, it's a snack! We try real hard to have healthier foods/snacks around. But we (as well as many other families) need to increase our physical activity levels too. Like take walks after dinner. (Not easy w/ Winter coming for some of us!) It's common sense folks. Implementing a plan to do it is another matter.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:26 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• LOL...someone is pissed that we are talking about them.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 7:32 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• It would not be all they will eat, if they were never introduced to those foods.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 7:36 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I think there could be a combination of convience foods and healthy foods. There are days where I don't feel like or have time to cook and we eat pizza or I grab Mcdonalds. But then there are nights that I make steak, brown rice and veggies. So I think if there is a balance that should be fine. I think a lot of times parents feed kids what they KNOW they will eat to avoid food battles and wasted food.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 7:41 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I don't worry about other people's kids.

Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 7:45 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Because people claim that it's all they can afford or it's more convenient. I think mostly it's because they're too lazy to make the effort or it's the same crap they grew up on. I think parents should be charged with child abuse if their child is obese and they don't go to the doctor and stick to a medical and exercise plan for their kid.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 8:13 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I think parents should be charged with child abuse if their child is obese and they don't go to the doctor and stick to a medical and exercise plan for their kid.

Oh shut up and go breastfeed your kid or something.
    Anonymous