How did they react?

How did your parents react when you told them you were pregnant? I am pregnant with my third, and telling my mother was never a... well lets say it has never been a joyous moment... I would love to have her be excited and hug me and say, "Congratulations!" But she wouldn't. I almost told her tonight that she is going to have a 3rd grandchild, but I chickened out. I am only about 7 weeks, and will not see the OBGYN until the 17th. I am considering waiting until my second trimester because I have a history of miscarriages.

How did your parents react? When do you think I should tell my mom? (I already told my dad and he is SWORN to secrecy!)

mistical_me

Asked by mistical_me at 7:20 PM on Nov. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• My parents were overjoyed the first three times! My mom adored grandchildren. She died after our third and we have had five more since. My dad lives with us and has still been so happy every time he has found out. My husband has never looked forward to telling his parents though, and doesn't even care if they find out from other people. Pretty sad.
    MyGiftsFromGod

Answer by MyGiftsFromGod at 7:25 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• my mom was excited
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 7:41 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• My mom was excited for both of our girls. My MIL said she "should have tied a knot in it" when hubby was little when we told her about our first and with the second "I wonder if this one is yours" (to my hubby). Oh how I hate that woman!
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 8:08 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• My mom was the very first person to know and she was more excited then I was lol.
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 1:11 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• I am so sorry about your mother! I am sure she is still overjoyed about her grand babies! Just from a different place. I wish my mom would be overjoyed!!
    mistical_me

Comment by mistical_me (original poster) at 7:31 PM on Nov. 5, 2010