TMI: LOSING MUCUS PLUG?? adult content

I am 28 weeks pregnant and have been to the hospital 3 times in the last week for contractions. (note: i had my last baby at 31 weeks) im on a med now to prevent them, but i am now having alot of green snot (sorry) looking stuff when i wipe and in my panties when i go to the bathroom. just wondering WHAT IS THIS AND SHOULD I GO BACK TO HOSPITAL??

christina110

Asked by christina110 at 7:27 PM on Nov. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• The mucuos plug is usually tinged with blood. I had green snot stuff during my second pregnancy and went to my OB. I had a vaginal bacteria infection.
    I would suggest calling your doctor.
    I understand what you are feeling. I went into premature labor with my first and I was nervous about anything unusual with my second.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 7:42 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• An infection could also explain why you are contracting. Sometimes the bacteria can cause you to have contractions. I would definitely talk with your OB ASAP.
    mistical_me

Answer by mistical_me at 8:15 PM on Nov. 5, 2010