Did you have to take it there? adult content

There is a post in the 20 somethings group from a female who states she's going to make a movie and call it For White Girls. They talk badly about For Colored Girls and Black Girls Rock and say some extremely ignorant things. I'm just saying- do you have to be complete bitches or will you respectfully allow beautiful black women to have something for themselves to celebrate who they are? Dang. You all are not right for that. (p.s. I'm white!!!!!)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:28 PM on Nov. 5, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

•  If there were a movie coming out called "White Girls Rock" or "For white Girls" everyone would say its a racist movie, and the people who watch it or are in the movie must be racist. But the other way around its acceptable. We should just all drop racism. If a black woman says I am black and I am beautiful, its okay for her to say but if a white woman were to say it it racist. So I dont get it? We are all beautiful in our own way no matter what color, what race.

LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 7:33 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Well, if there were a movie made called "For White Girls" it would be considered racist. But let's face it if there were an NAAWP or a United White College Fund people would be up in arms. I am not against true EQUALITY, but what is good for the goose if good for the gander - what is good for one race is good for another.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 7:34 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Really I believe THIS is the problem with racism now. People are just sick of this crap. Equality is GREAT, wanting special treatment and to be allowed to do something for YOUR race while saying it's wrong for another race IS racist....no matter which race is perpetuating it.

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 8:10 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• i agree with the other posters. thats the problem. if us white people had anything just for ourselves, we would be racist. black people have there own movies, there own scholarships, there own tv channel, all kinds of shit. and we cant have any of that. can you imagine if we had white history month? - i do feel bad that black people were slaves back in the day, its horrible, & i cant pretend to understand what that feels like for them, but i was not alive back then and neither were you so why do i still have to walk on eggshells for what happened years and years ago but you get everything handed to you?
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 7:40 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I agree with the other ladies. If there was something made called something like "For White Girls" everyone would go off about it being racist, anyone who watches it or doesn't talk badly about it is racist, etc. Personally, I don't understand why it's important for ANY race to be part of the title of a movie or anything, unless it's truly relevant to the story, or it's a documentary. So many people are always crying racism and stuff, yet there are always things that are strictly for one race or another. If people, of ANY race, truly wanted equality and the like, there wouldn't be any kind of discrimination with magazines, books, movies, television, etc. geared towards one race in particular. People of every race and be racist and bitchy towards anyone and sometimes everyone else. I just ignore it for the most part.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 7:44 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• LOL! My first thought about this movie was that if there were a movie called Four White Girls, it would be considered Racist. Here's a tip, even Cafemom is like this. Try posting something about White Girls, White Women, etc. in the title, it will be taken down. It has been often asked how come there are black groups but no white groups.... It always gets removed.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 7:58 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• i agree. i don't think there should be any kind of movie such as that. enough already. and btw alot of black people are racist. but sssh we are not suppose to talk about that or it might hurt thir feelings. lol btw i am of spanish decent so maybe there should be a movie for cuban girls only. lol that would rock!
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 8:34 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I'd like to see all this race BS pushed aside... there are bigger issues in this world.
    parrishsky

Answer by parrishsky at 8:12 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I'm shaking my head sadly and walking away from this post. It's just proof that we haven't come as far as we thought we had.  You know when there is truly equality in this nation, and there isn't a huge disparity between races in all areas of life?  When minorities are represented proportionately to the population in all areas--work, school, television and movies, government, pay scales, etc.  That's when.  We're not there, yet.  Nor are women, for that matter.  We are a long, long way from that place.

jsbenkert

Answer by jsbenkert at 10:53 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• As usually, people who haven't seen the play or seen the movie make assumptions.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 7:48 PM on Nov. 5, 2010