has anyone's husband shaped up after a separation, know anyone's who did?

just wondering if it happens and how long it takes, obviously different situations merit, etc.

silverelf

Asked by silverelf at 7:41 PM on Nov. 5, 2010 in Relationships

• I seperated from my X several times in a 16 year period and nothing eve got better...so obviously he is my X...My sister and her hubby seperated for 6 onths and ened up back together and happier than ever...so I have seen it work and improve a marriage and I have seen it help decide on the divorce...
    4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 8:48 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Don't know a one- they all ended in divorce.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 7:42 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• my husband & i are trying again now & we just got back together but as of right now things are looking better for us we are working hard on things to make sure they work
    BluBerri83

Answer by BluBerri83 at 7:45 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• My marriage is stronger and better after we had a separation. I think it's because my intent wasn't divorce, it was to get away from emotional abuse and to shock my husband into confronting himself. It worked for us..that plus counceling and a LOT of prayer. I told my story as an answer in the question "What he doesn't know..."
    Send me a message if you have more questions. :)
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 7:55 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Yes, mine did. We separated 2 yrs ago. When we got back together we did marriage counseling and for that first year after getting back together, things were tough. I kind of compare it to the first year of marriage. We fought a lot, went back and forth on whether to stay together, but now things are better than they have ever been. We worked out all of our issues and started communicating. It was just a very rough road to get there. My husband is COMPLETELY changed now. He values me and our family. Good luck.
    momofone221

Answer by momofone221 at 8:05 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 8:09 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• sorry op..i don't know why my answer showed up twice.
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 8:10 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• We were "separated" for almost a year (it was like 11.5 months), but we were living in the same house. I stayed in one part of it, he stayed in the other. We hardly spoke or saw each other most of that time. We've been back together for a few weeks now and he's changed a lot. We communicate better, HE initiates sex for a change, he's more affectionate, he pays more attention to me and my moods (like asking me how my day was, and if I'm ok if I seem upset), etc. It really feels like we're a team now, instead of me trying desperately to make everything work by myself. It took a while, obviously, and a lot of long talks at first (which seemed to accomplish nothing at the time), then smaller talks and just getting to know each other again.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 8:15 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• only temporarily.. he always went back to being a dick eventually.
    mhaney03

Answer by mhaney03 at 8:15 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• i hope it can happen as im going through the same thing
    meagan678

Answer by meagan678 at 7:47 PM on Nov. 5, 2010