Need your opinion...

I am about 7 weeks pregnant. My mom does not react well to new of new grandchildren. I want to tell her soon, so she can be there for me, but I am also wondering if I should wait until my second trimester due to my history of miscarriages. Should I wait? Or tell her now? Mind you, when she learned of a past miscarriage she said, "well it was probably for the best."

mistical_me

Asked by mistical_me at 7:44 PM on Nov. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I would wait but you have to do what feels right to you.
    gypsyjewels

Answer by gypsyjewels at 12:56 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• That would be hard not to tell my parents the minute I found I out I was pregnant. I told my parents as soon as I peed on the stick. But I could understand why you would want to be cautious. I am sure your mom meant well. I would only tell a few of those you are closest to that you know that would support you and have good words for you if anything did go wrong. But I would shout it from the mountains once I hit the second trimester. That's just me. Here's hoping you have a happy and healthy nine months.
    FLAngel981

Answer by FLAngel981 at 7:51 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• aw I am sorry to heat that you mom reacts that way. Maybe you should better wayt a little bit longer since you have that history, just to be on teh save side. I wish you best of luck and hope the best for you baby :-)
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 7:49 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Yeah maybe wait until 12 Weeks! Good luck and congrats on your pregnancy!
    BeautyFromPain

Answer by BeautyFromPain at 8:02 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• My grandmother said that to me and it really hurt. How can losing my baby be for the best? I think they are talking in terms of the baby not being well enough to survive and would probably have had a poor outcome if carried to term...BUT I didn't take it that way or see it that way at the time.
    Having a miscarriage is heartbreaking...I have lost 3. (11 wks, 16 wks and 7 wks) I also have 3 healthy children that is the good news...but the losses still hurt years later.
    bookworm23

Answer by bookworm23 at 8:08 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I would wait, I had 2 miscarriage before I was pregnant with my dd. I waited until 14 weeks to tell, her but she had already guessed that I was pregnant. She wanted to wait for me to tell her.
    cherylw993

Answer by cherylw993 at 8:10 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• If you will want your mom to be there for you should you experience another loss then tell her. If you have enough support with out her then wait.
    That being said I wish you a happy healthy baby in 7 1/2 months. Sticky baby dust!
    bookworm23

Answer by bookworm23 at 8:10 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Thank you both!
    mistical_me

Comment by mistical_me (original poster) at 7:59 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Thank you all for the comments. My mom is not an evil person, and I love her with all my heart. But she just wants what is best for me, and she doesn't think that I need any more kids right now. Thanks for the sticky baby dust also! And for all the congrats! :D
    mistical_me

Comment by mistical_me (original poster) at 8:25 PM on Nov. 5, 2010