Cat allergies?

We moved our outside cat inside about a month ago. He's had flea treatments (and I don't see any fleas) but he scratches and chews a lot. Hubby thought it might be allergies. Is it possible? What would I give him?

scout_mom

Asked by scout_mom at 8:02 PM on Nov. 5, 2010 in Pets

• If he had fleas it is not uncommon for an animal to still be itchy even after the fleas are gone especially if they happen to be allergic to the fleas. He may need a round of prednisone to stop the itch. I'd have the vet check him out to make sure he does not have a skin infection or something going on and talk to him/her about the pred.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 8:42 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• It might be or he could have dry skin. I think there are shampoos that you can use for dry skin (not that it is ideal to have to give your cat a bath)
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 8:03 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• i had a dog that was allergic to grass. oiy! his feet and legs got so itchy that he'd chew and lick to the point wehre he had no fur and got a skin infection. had to get a special shampoo from the vet. maybe there are cat allergy meds/pills you could get from the vet?
    mhaney03

Answer by mhaney03 at 8:22 PM on Nov. 5, 2010