Is it too late to get my milk back?

I've been working and not getting to pump. My dd doesn't wake up in the night to feed. My milk is almost completely gone. Should I even bother trying the whole fenugreek thing? Will it come back?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:28 PM on Nov. 1, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If it is not gone it will be easier to get it back than if it were totally gone. You can build back your supply, that much i know....I don't know the specifics, but I have faith that the breastfeeders of this website will be more than willing to offer advice as soon as they see your question.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 3:01 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• It never hurts to try! I'd probably contact a La Leche consultant. I think they can sometimes be a little kooky, but I'd' think if anyone can help you work it out, it'd be them! I wish you all the luck in the world, Mama!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 3:21 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• fenugreek is amazing! drink lots and lots of water and eat oats. The biggest ting is nurse nurse nurse and pump pump pump!
    kscwrcsmom

Answer by kscwrcsmom at 3:32 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• best way to get your milk back is to put her to the breast. she might not get much at first, but you are jsut telling your body to kick up production. your doc may be willing to rx you some domperidone too.
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 3:39 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• www.motherlove.com, look up more milk plus
    EvaSerenity

Answer by EvaSerenity at 4:13 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• lol I love Carolyn's answer "but I have faith that the breastfeeders of this website will be more than willing to offer advice as soon as they see your question." LOL! So true...

But yeah I built my supply back up from next to nothing when my son was about 2 months. I took 2 fenugreek and a prenatal vitamin everyday and pumped every few hours for about 10 minutes or so (except at night). I didn't build up enough to breastfeed exclusively but I didn't want to. I think I could have though if I stayed at it and pumped more. Good luck!
    Anonymous