Anyone With The Father Of Your Child Saying He Didnt Want Children?

I was in a relationship with my baby's father on and off for 4 and a half years well almost 5. I got pregnant before with his child and he was saying that our child was not his. I had a DNA test done and she was his. He went to jail and we started talking more and more. We got back together and i had two miscarriages and he was there for both and now i am pregnant again and he is doing the same thing he done with our first child. He is saying that he didnt want children and everything. Is there any of you that is going through the same thing and how did you handle things?

AlexiasMommy624

Asked by AlexiasMommy624 at 2:28 PM on Nov. 1, 2008 in Relationships

• When I got pregnant, I was 19 and we were taking a break from eachother, I got preg. at that time we were supposed to be out and seeing new people. Yea right we were still having sex! lol! We couldnt stand being apart after an already 2 year relationship. Anyways, I told him flat out i was preg. and he didnt say anything at first and he was like well is it my baby, i was so hurt he would say that, He has been the only guy i had ever slept with event till this day! He wanted me to have an abortion! All the more hurt, I told him Im keeping my baby and he has the option to leave my life and our baby's or do this with me.... What did he do... he did it with me. It changed our lives completely! Now we are married and have been together near 6 years. Yes we never wanted children at all even now because we are both trying to finish schooling. but we would never take it back and change things.
    Anonymous

• I thought I was preg again and my husband had a melt down and said again about the abortion thing and so on, i held my ground and said fine I 'll do it myself and the next few days he felt really awful and we had a heart to heart talk about it. Im not preg. but it was a test. Just be strong and positive if hes not joining you then forget it. Do it yourself till he grows up. Its tough, but you can do it! I love my husbadn and he loves me and his daughter very much and i know he doesnt mean those thing he just gets scared because we are still young and trying to finish school to be able to even support a family. So keep your chin up and realize he probably is just scared.
    Anonymous

• Most men who don't want to get married also don't want to have children. They like the sex, but they don't like responsibility and committment.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 4:49 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• I was married to a man. We had three children THEN he told me he didn't want children. I think that's something men should discuss with us BEFORE they knock us up!

Answer by admckenzie at 6:21 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• not to be a bitch but he doesnt sound like a real winner. are you sure you want to be with him?
    Pudge_Pie20

Answer by Pudge_Pie20 at 7:51 PM on Nov. 1, 2008