Did you major in finance?

If so, what job do you have now? Why'd you choose finance? What level degree do you hold? Do you like your job?

mhaney03

Asked by mhaney03 at 8:43 PM on Nov. 5, 2010 in Money & Work

• I went to a technical school right after high school ~ 18 years ago ~ for computerized accounting. At that time, the course was just 9 months and I recieved a diploma. And that was all the school I was interested in!! I had no desire to go to college for 4 years and take all the extra stuff that I wasn't good at and didn't relate to accounting. My diploma served me very well and I got much of my experience from the job place. I mainly did accounts payable at the few jobs I had after graduating and really liked it. I worked for 3 great companies over 12 years ~ the last one I was at for over 6 years. Then had a chance to be a stay at home mom and have been home for the past 6 years! Although I loved my job, I have found a great home business and intend on not returning to an office job!! Much more freedom and so much more financial potential!!
    jekrmom

Answer by jekrmom at 9:41 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Not yet! But I'm working on a BA in personal finances. I choose finances because that is my passion. I plan on being a personal financial adviser once I graduate. To become a certified financial adviser you just have to take 5 courses and pass an exam. But I'd like a degree to go along with the certificate.
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 6:48 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• I haven't but I know that is a field with numerous opportunities.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 3:13 PM on Nov. 8, 2010