How can I get her to stop biting

My DD has been biting for a few months now & we dont know where it started & i have tried to get her to stop but it dont seem to be working, what have you tried & has anything you have tried worked

BluBerri83

Asked by BluBerri83 at 8:46 PM on Nov. 5, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Firmly tell her: "No biting." Then put her in time out for one minute per every year of the child. Try not to have a big reaction because she may think that it is fun and continue doing it. Good luck, and I hope that he stops his biting soon.
    Svetlana98usa

Answer by Svetlana98usa at 10:11 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I agree with Svetlana, timeout will work great, and be consistent or it won't sink in. Good luck:)
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 9:24 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Firmly tell her No Biting. Also, talk to her about why biting is bad. This helped my daughter; she doesn't do it anymore.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 2:46 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Spank her. I spank when it involves something like that, that could hurt someone, or themselves.
    WhitneyMommyOf2

Answer by WhitneyMommyOf2 at 2:45 AM on Nov. 10, 2010