This situation ticks me off.... rant/vent... adult content

Im currently watching that show What Not to Wear, which in itself is interesting. I went on the website, watched a video clip on plus size clothes.

Its sooo true, that you can rarely find decent, NICE clothes in the plus size section. Even before I got pregnant, I shopped at the maternity store/sections to find real nice clothes. Particularly one time at sears right next to some jeans and tops and this extremely UGLY FUGLY dress that was basically a piece of fabric sewn in a circle with sleeves. I was like wtf!!! i wouldnt even wear that out of my closet!!!! Really now, why the hell is America so caught up with thin people that "fat people's" fashion is not considered at all?
Just because Im hypersthenic/obese/fat, doesnt mean that im a social recluse!!! Even now, with my daughter here still doesnt mean im a total fat frump! i still like to look nice for me and dh. UGGGHH!! sorry for venting, thanks for listening. :)

americanadian25

Asked by americanadian25 at 8:56 PM on Nov. 5, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I know exactly what you mean.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 8:58 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• agreed!

I just want to look pretty and not like a 65 year old in a mumu.
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 9:00 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Amen!!! When I was pg with my first I looked everywhere for nice maternity clothes. All I could find was overalls (not practical considering how often I had to pee) and tops with ducks or teddy bears. I finally found a black velvet stretchy dress that I was able use to go to my husband's office party. Thank goodness I wasn't farther along. I wear a 16 now and still have trouble finding non-frumpy clothes. The pants usually have a crotch that goes to the knees -like I'm supposed to be a Tweedle!
    Jojo907

Answer by Jojo907 at 9:02 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Girl, have you been to Lane Bryant? They have the most awesome clothes ever! Maurices also has a women's section.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:04 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• If your younger, Torrid is a cute store with larger clothes that are hip and made to help your curves look pretty...
    chanelsparkels

Answer by chanelsparkels at 12:24 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I am in between skinny and plus size. I can never find clothes that don't stick to my rolls or look so baggy that I look like I shop in the trash. I have saw many cute clothes in the plus section and the section that is just too skinny for me. I too am in the same boat as you. and For the above poster about the crotch hanging to your knees...So true!
    TiffanyPlew

Answer by TiffanyPlew at 12:08 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I agree. I have the opposite problem. Miss sizes start at 4. I am still a size 0 at 27 years old. I hate shopping juniors so I have to go to places like Gap, Loft.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 4:51 PM on Nov. 7, 2010