I recently got the Mirena IUD, how do I convince my husband that he won't hurt me if we have sex?

My husband is so afraid that he is going to hurt me if we have sex. I told him this IUD isn't going anywhere for at least five years. I feel great and I've definately got my sex drive back. What can I say to him to help him understand that he shouldn't feel the IUD at all? That people have sex every day while on Mirena?! I'm getting frustrated.

KlousMomi

Asked by KlousMomi at 2:45 PM on Nov. 1, 2008 in Health

• Take control of the situation :) I had the same problem with my SO when I got mine. I pretty much had to jump him, then he got over it when he noticed I wasn't in pain afterward. Good luck!
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 3:04 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• I got the paragard IUD a month ago and LOVE it. My hubby and I hadn't really used any other kind of birth control before, because I can't use anything with horomones. He will NOT hurt you in any way, neither your husband or you will feel anything. I forget mine is there. I just have to remember to do the monthly check to maie sure it is still there. My husband couldn't wait to try it out.

Good Luck!!!!

Shannon
    smbeasom

Answer by smbeasom at 3:00 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• maybe mirena's website would have a video showing how the iud is placed in your body and that it will not move nor hurt you in any way?
    madismummy

Answer by madismummy at 3:47 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• Go to the web site for this IUD and SHOW him just how DEEP Inside you this thing is. If a picture of where it is actually inside you cant convince him, than nothing will.

vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 4:02 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• Explain it to him...You could have sex the same day you had it put it....Maybe hes scared he will feel it?? He wont...everyone that I know thats has one...told me that their men couldnt feel it. Just rape him..lol
    Anonymous