Why is it that African Americans have BET (black entertainment television) and it's ok but if us whities had WET (white entertainment television) we'd be racist?

If it would be racist for us to have a WET channel then isn't it racist to have a BET channel?

worriedmommy600

Asked by worriedmommy600 at 9:00 PM on Nov. 5, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• LOL, "WET"

:)
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 9:01 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I have never understood the double standards... You can't have white power groups because it's racist.. But you can have black power groups and hispanic power groups..
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 9:09 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• BET is a terrible perpetuation of racist stereotypes that some in the black community relish in because they are ignorant to the fact that life can be about so much more. You may be amazed at the amount of black people that dislike BET. Oh yeah, and I'm one of them.
    ropes-end

Answer by ropes-end at 9:12 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• how about that movie "white chicks" just imagine the outrage if there were a "black chicks" movie with white dudes dressing up and doing steryotypical "black things" "

Or scholarships just for white people. That wouldn't fly either.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 9:39 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Does it really bother you? Are you also mad that bars have Ladies Night or that restaurants have Early Bird specials or that if you wear green on St. Patty's day you get a free beer? Why are you singling this out? I'm guessing because you are racist. Who cares that there is a BET, does it really affect you in any way? Do you really need something in return for their being a BET? I just don't get your argument. "

So, because she asked a question, she's racist? I don't see where you could know from this that she is. I disagree.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 9:21 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• OK How about the Miss Black America pageant? If we had a Miss White America or even say even a Miss Irish Ameria could you just immagine the outrage and verbal blastings that would go on?
    Anonymous

• why do women have a channel called WE? because most things in the world are geared toward white men, everyone else has to make a point to create things specifically for thier subculture...we do have a white channel, most any channel is a white channel....count how many shows you know with a mostly white cast, now count how many shows you know with a mostly black cast...exactly.
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 9:09 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I get your point. I've wondered the same..especially after seeing a bumper sticker that said "A black man can!" Can you imagine the outcry if one read "A white man can!"
    I feel people hold themselves back when they pull the race card, no matter what race they are.
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 9:10 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• how about that movie "white chicks" just imagine the outrage if there were a "black chicks" movie with white dudes dressing up and doing steryotypical "black things"
    Anonymous

• Everything else is White Entertainment Tv

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:08 PM on Nov. 5, 2010