Have you heard

Have you heard of Scentsy?

I have a bunch of friends who sell it and I recently quit my job and some of my friends are trying to talk me into selling it.

I'm just curious how many people out there know about it and of those who do, actually buy their products. Over the years I have been to so many sales parties like Party Lite, Gold Canyon Candles, and even passion parties and I never actually buy anything.

Parkers_Mommy8

Asked by Parkers_Mommy8 at 9:15 PM on Nov. 5, 2010 in Money & Work

• I love Scentsy and use it every day in my house. The fall scents are awesome.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 9:16 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• i did. just seems like another candle thing to me. i wasn't impressed when i encountered it.
    dragonlady320

Answer by dragonlady320 at 9:17 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I have heard of them, but I am stuck on Gold Canyon. My neighbor sells them and they are the best smelling that I like. My husband can light a candle in the basement and it smells through the entire house!! Also love their room sprays and diffusers too! But, if a bunch of your friends are selling them already, you may want to think of something else. Just so you don't run into the same circle of friends all selling the same exact thing! My neighbor also sells Lia Sophia and now Miche bags...but still doesn't do enough to stop working full time or even go to part time. I wasn't crazy about going out on weekends or nights and doing parties, so I decided to do a home business and love it!! Found a company with a great product and everything else that goes along!! And with some hard work ~ at the same time my neighbor is at her 8 - 5 job, I get to stay home, work some, have time with the kids and build our future!!
    jekrmom

Answer by jekrmom at 10:10 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I am a military wife and I live in Colorado now and no one i know here sells them that's the only reason why I am considering it. My friends who sell it live in California and i'm just worried it's only caught on there and i'd waste the money becoming a consultant
    Parkers_Mommy8

Comment by Parkers_Mommy8 (original poster) at 10:23 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I currently sell Scentsy. I don't do a lot honestly, and it pretty much sells itself :)
    MichaelsMom330

Answer by MichaelsMom330 at 11:18 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• so do you make enough for it to be worthwhile?
    Parkers_Mommy8

Comment by Parkers_Mommy8 (original poster) at 11:24 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I would love to share my journey with a 30 year old health and wellness company that has HUGE potential in CO!! What we offer is products everyone use in their homes daily, but a better healthier choice. I would love to share more with you if you were interested in listening or if you have any questions feel free to ask honey. I was an accountant and have quit my job to stay home and work this business part time and have supplemented my salary!! hope this helps!
    thanks!
    ericaray_3@Msn.com
    arbnmom

Answer by arbnmom at 2:24 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• In all honesty it's tough to make "real pay the bills" money with ANY direct sellign company. You can do good at first but people can't afford to keep buying candles from you, especially when you can go to craft stores and get a wonderfully scented HUGE 23 ounce jar candle for $3! "Holiday Shimmer" is sitting right here on the desk as well as a few matching tarts for $1. I like scentsy and other brands out there but they are just too overpriced.

80% of women who join a direct selling company quit within the first year because they don't make any money at it, and in many cases they spend a lot more than they made.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 10:10 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• I've heard of it and personally would never buy it. We rarely use candles for one and secondly, like one of the others mentioned, I can go to the craft store and buy candles for a lot cheaper.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 2:04 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• I love the "naysayers" out there LOL.....

I'm one of the 1% who is successful in direct sales....I have sold 20k in miche bags this year--and still counting. It's "pay the bill" kind of money. You have to want it, and you have to work it. If you don't want it and you don't work it, you won't get it.
    And if you listen to naysayers....ya don't have a chance.
    romanceparty4u

Answer by romanceparty4u at 6:19 PM on Nov. 6, 2010