God's Grace and Moms Who Die Before their Children

I found two lumps in my neck last week and my dr. has me on an antibiotic to see if it's infection. If it's not I will then get a biopsy..

Scared more than I can ever remember being. It's you, your life and legacy, how will they remember me, do you want them to?

I know, I don't even know if this is serious, but tell that to my mind. I know a mom who died in her sleep last week just shy of celebrating a hard-planned birthday party for her one year old son.

So I ask sisters in Christ, what are your opinions on this? Not what these lumps in my neck are, only God knows.. but what you think about God's mercy on the righteous. Leaving your babies and husband behind or any unfinished business? What do you think about God's sovereignty?

I just want some real answers from real women just like me.

Setfree

Asked by Setfree at 2:47 PM on Nov. 1, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• cont.

Finally, we live in a fallen world. We are afflicted with birth defects, chronic and terminal diseases, mental illness and emotional instability as a result of sin. I am not saying our personal sin causes these things. I am saying that as a result of sin in the world, we all experience the consequences.

Becoming a mother was life changing in many ways. So was cancer. I know that God can use painful circumstances we must bear for good. God is good. All the time.
    manna1qd

Answer by manna1qd at 9:40 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• I guess when your time is up, it's up. although, dying could also be a way of God using that person. Sometimes it takes a tragic event to change someone's life or something. I'm not sure why He lets women die during birth or just after having a child, but God has to have his reasons. I guess we'll never know unless we ask him when we get up there.
    Anonymous

• I'm going through something similar. Sometimes the righteous have to die to bring glory to God. (Martyrs, like Stephen) Sometimes the only way to save someone is to have them lose someone dear to them. Sometimes death comes as a result of God's mercy. Isaiah 57:1(NIV) says,

The righteous perish,
    and no one ponders it in his heart;
    devout men are taken away,
    and no one understands
    that the righteous are taken away
    to be spared from evil.

I'll pray that those lumps are nothing. Keep praying.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 3:38 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• I'm a little confused and must admit somewhat offended by the way you stated your question
    "what you think about God's mercy on the righteous"
    are you implying that because you are religious, you shouldn't die and God should have mercy on you and let you live?
    what ever happens is God's will, whether you die or not. I hope that it's just an infection and can be treated. but even cancer can be treated and you can survive.
    Anonymous

• "I just want some real answers from real women just like me." And Christians wounder why they get bashed.
    Anonymous

• anon 3:44, I'm anon3:39, your statement is completely unnecessary. at least I stated my issue with the question in an adult manner. and she is free to explain it for me to help me understand her meaning.
    Anonymous

• FRANKLY I AM SURE YOU ARE WORRIED BUT YOU ARE OVER REACTING. YOU ARE AUTOMATICALLY ASSUMING IT IS CANCER OR SOMETHING HORRIBLE. WHO KNOWS IF IT IS SYMPLY A GOITER. OR A SWELLED LYMPH NODE.

I HOWEVER WILL BE ANSWERING YOUR QUESTION.
    GOD HAS A PLAN FOR YOUR LIFE. THERE IS NOTHING YOU CAN DO TO ALTER IT. YOU CAN ONLY CHOOSE TO EITHER FLOW WITH THE CURRENT OF HIS WILL OR FIGHT THE CURRENT. YOU WILL BE MORE PROSPEROUS IF YOUR FLOWING WITH IT. HOWEVER IT IS YOUR FREEWILL AND OPTION TO FIGHT IT. HOWEVER YOU CAN USE YOUR SUFFERING TO BRING YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS TO CHRIST THROUGH YOUR LIFE AND YES EVEN YOUR DEATH WHEN EVER THAT IS... OR YOU CAN BE NEGATIVE AND FIGHT EVERYTHING AND BE UPSET AND ANGRY AND BITTER. YOUR CHOICE.
    Anonymous

• Well I am a real woman, but I am not Christian. You can take my experience and thoughts or disregard them. Your choice. About a year and change ago I had a lump on my thyroid they thought was cancer. It appeared quickly, my husband was terrified. He didn't know how he would continue without me around. I wasn't worried for me, I was worried for my family. What I accepted at that time is that if it *was* something - we would still have time, treatments, and a lot of people who survive. I could "get things in order" while undergoing treatments and just take things a day at a time -- appreciating each one of those days. I've since had the lump removed and it was not a cancer. The bottom line is, even perfectly healthy Moms don't know if they will be here tomorrow night - all you can do is appreciate what you have.
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 4:55 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• I can answer this from my daughters point of view. My daughters lost their dad 2 and 1/2 years ago to cancer. At first they were so mad at the world when he was alive and making him go thru his pain. But when the end came, they couldn't stand his pain. They first turned from God because they were mad, they didn't want to lose their Dad. I mean they were really mad. He made sure his unfinished business was finished, he made sure my children knew that he loved them,unconditionally, he made sure that they knew he was proud of them. God was merciful because he was given time to do all these things, and he spent what time he could with them. The amazing part was the day he died. He died on Easter morning as the sun was just coming up.It has taken a lot of Faith and understanding, but, now they look to God for all things.BTW, they were only 16 and 19 years old when they lost him.
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 5:56 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• My SIL was 31 when she died, leaving behind a 2,3 and 8 yo. I had cancer when my girls were 8 and 4. It's all you think about when you don't know if you will live much longer: your kids. Who will care for them? How will they know you? Who will teach them what they need to know? We are created to be mothers. It becomes our primary purpose, It drives us. We love those children more than our own lives.

The truth is, God loves them more. He has a plan for us, for them and did even before any of us were born. We can't possibly understand the why's of mother's being taken from the earth when their babies need them. God knows what they need more completely than we do and He is their protector and provider. They are in His divine care even though they are hurting, alone, lonely. That is what faith is. It's trusting Our Creator and Eternal Father. .
    manna1qd

Answer by manna1qd at 9:31 PM on Nov. 1, 2008