Behavior

When will my 9 year old have common sense? When will he start doing better in school, WITHOUT being hounded about it, and on his own? When will he do his chores on his own, without being asked? When will he do what he is told the FIRST time?!?! When will he remember his house key? Especially after he was TOLD to clip it to his backpack? When will he stop talking back? When will he NOT roll his eyes at me? When will he accentually LOOK for something, rather than glance around and say, "I can't find it!!" When can I give him one simple direction and have him follow it?

My mom says I am asking a lot of a 9 year old... I agree that some is too much, but others, *sigh* I just wish he had some common sense.

mistical_me

Asked by mistical_me at 9:28 PM on Nov. 5, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• As my mother says," He's practicing to be a husband." LOL
    dmbutler

Answer by dmbutler at 9:37 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• As far as the comment sense part, that developes in the teen years. He sounds like my almost 11 year old brother, he has ADD if it gets really bad you may talk to the doctor her may be ADD, but it's hard to tell because most of them are like this to certain degree.
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 11:23 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• He is 9, what do you expect? My 14 yr old still acts like that. I think it changes AFTER the hormones even out. Also, I would have your son evaluated for ADD.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 2:55 PM on Nov. 6, 2010