PLEASE HELP! Does anyone have a remedy for severe diaper rash?

My one month old daughter has the worst diaper rash I have ever seen. Her bottom has tiny little red blisters on it and I've been using johnson's 3 in 1 no more rash and she had been fine up until yesterday and it's gotten way worse. She is miserable as am I. I hate to go spend a bunch of $ on useless products. Going to try a warm bath with baking soda and let her be naked but any suggestions I would appreciate!!! Thanks so much!!!

blondiesrule32

Asked by blondiesrule32 at 9:30 PM on Nov. 5, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I really liked Balmex, the thick one in the tub.
    I slathered it on thickly. I saw results right away. Good luck!!!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 9:31 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• try corn starch and vaseline mixed until it looks like paste.
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 9:32 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Your local walmart MIGHT carry something called Boudreaux's Butt Paste. wonderdrug, that is!
    mhaney03

Answer by mhaney03 at 9:32 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• If it has red dots in the rash it could be part yeast infection part diaper rash. I had to take little one to doctor whtn they had that.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 9:32 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• DS,2, had a chemical burn from a swim diaper over the summer and now when ever he has a loose BM he gets an awful rash. The DR ordered him Nystatin cream and it clears it up in a flash. Good Luck!!!
    dmbutler

Answer by dmbutler at 9:34 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• She probably needs to see the dr. she could have a bacterial infection and need abx. For night... run out to walmart or CVS and grab a tube lotramin antifungal, triple antibiotic ointment (not cream), and zinc oxide cream and mix equal parts. It will tide her over until she can get the doc whether its yeast or something else.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 9:35 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Diaper rash creams burn so when it's open sores I use corn starch-based baby powder (or just plain lol) and vaseline. Also using wipes can irritate it as well so a warm, wet washcloth is your best bet. Air-drying helps too
    blogginmomma

Answer by blogginmomma at 9:36 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• ask your ped. for a prescription for some nystantin. it is the best for diaper rash. if you can't get that then wash the baby's bottom with warm water, no soap and then pat dry very well and put some pure cornstarch on it.
    Kim_Wolfrum

Answer by Kim_Wolfrum at 9:41 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I know my doctor keeps discounting my theroy but my son seems to break out whenever he has a lot of dairy. Even if it is lactose free. He eats regular food now. When he was a baby he had the same problem along with being colicky. When I cut down my dairy intake, he got much much better.
    kberrey

Answer by kberrey at 9:42 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Lots of naked time and did you recently change diaper brands? Some times different brands can cause problems for some babies. If you are nursing some breastmilk on the sores and naked time would help a lot. If they really are sores and not just a diaper rash then a doctor may need to see her for thrush or a yeast infection or bacterial infection.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 9:43 PM on Nov. 5, 2010