Not sleeping through the night....

Im 18wks pregnant and Im having a hard time sleeping through the night. Let alone the fact Im up about 3-4 times a night to go to bathroom. But it would just be nice to not wake up and then toss and turn for about 2 hours because Im so uncomfortable. Its my legs, and my back. I have tried the snoogle pillow and I hate to say this, but Im not a huge fan of it. I cant get comfotable. Now Im trying a body pillow for my tummy and my legs and it seems to work for a couple of hours, but then Im back to being uncomfortable. Any suggestions out there that you have done to help you sleep better through the night.

Kristin0312

Asked by Kristin0312 at 9:42 PM on Nov. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Try the couch. I don't know why, but I was able to get comfortable on the couch easier than anywhere else.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 9:50 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I had the same problem and my son was 11 lbs. 2 oz. - - - try sitting up and sleeping on the couch - - kick your feet up and just get comfortable with your head back on a pillow - - that is what worked for me. You are still early in your pregnancy, so here's wishing you the best of luck! = ]
    rebeccan3

Answer by rebeccan3 at 9:53 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Restless and sleepless nights come along with the pregnancy. I would get real bad carpal tunnel at night, I would get stiff, get headaches and have to go pee every hour or so. I don't really have any tips for it :-/ Putting a dim light in your bathroom and not turning on the bright light when going in at night is supposed to make it easier for you to fall back asleep though.
    slowyourrole

Answer by slowyourrole at 9:58 PM on Nov. 5, 2010